Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-07-19 07:37:53

**_Kimpender_**

You Tube/Web links and recording

I have created a presentation that includes a video from You Tube. When I record the meeting, the video and vide from You Tube doesn't record. I only get the screen the video was to appear on and silence.

#2 2009-07-20 16:25:55

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: You Tube/Web links and recording

Are you using a custom application to bring the video from You Tube into the share pod, or did you upload an FLV from You Tube into the share pod?

#3 2009-07-20 16:38:57

**_roysdenc_**

I have had people share their screen and try to show videos from YouTube in an internet browser, which doesn't record from what I have seen.  You would need to actually load the video into Connect as content (or make something custom as Jorma indicates).  There are a variety of ways to actually get the file from YouTube.

-Chris

#4 2009-07-21 12:26:27

**_Kimpender_**

I'm simply trying to go to the url. I have tried it a couple of ways. I've placed the url link into a slide and web link pod. Do I need to create it in the PPT somehow to work?

#5 2009-07-21 13:31:19

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

The not recording of the video may be due to some security setting of your web browser that was being shared. There are tools out there for Firefox and the like to be able to grab the FLV and download it. You could then upload it to the share pod and it would play back seamlessly in the meeting room (with audio even) and would be recorded as part of the meeting.

You can put the link for the video in the chat pod if you want, as that link will stay live in the recording our you can put the link to the video in a PPT slide and that will also work. The Weblnks pod will probably not have any utility here as the only link that the viewers of your recording will see (if you have it in the Participant area) is the last link you forced everyone to. All the rest of the links in it will be hidden and can't be accessed by the viewer.

Board footer