Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-07-16 10:02:22

**_EnvisionWare_**

Phone conferencing drops with no warning - who to contact?

We are currently using Acrobat Connect (hosted--not the full Pro solution but good old "Acrobat Connect") and are having trouble with the phone conference feature.

The Acrobat Connect phone conferencing system (which we call at 218-486-2202 and 2204) is randomly dropping calls. I joined my desk phone and cell phone into a conference, and less than 5 minutes later heard "host has left, the conference will now end". I didn't touch anything; the host was dropped from the call.

I then re-dialed into the conference, and it stayed alive with no problem.

In another test, the HOST heard "the host has left the conference"--then was dropped from the call. The participant heard "the host has left the conference; the call will end in 2 minutes." And in yet another test, when the last participant left the conference, the entire call was dropped with no warning or announcement.

I can't reliably "make" this happen or predict it. It's frequent enough that my professional services team has stopped using the phone conference features completely.

Any thoughts on how to get support for the phone conferencing? I assume it's a third-party non-integrated solution or a rebranded Premiere Global service. Or am I just "stuck" with it since we're paying on the $39/month version of the product instead of the "real Pro" version?

#2 2009-07-16 10:47:53

**_roysdenc_**

Re: Phone conferencing drops with no warning - who to contact?

The phone conferencing should be a third party thing that you would setup, not Adobe (from my understanding).  If you are having problems, I would go to the conference call vendor. 

For my Connect Pro account, we can specify the conference call line for attendees to use.  So, the vendor would be whom ever I chose.  Not sure if this is the same for you.

-Chris

#3 2009-07-16 11:02:46

**_EnvisionWare_**

The conference line is provided with Adobe Connect. It's already "built in" so to speak.

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/Connect/6.0 … 88C41.html

"An Acrobat Connect phone conferencing number and host ID is included with your account, along with a participant ID that attendees can use to phone in to your online meeting. (Regular long-distance rates apply.)"

#4 2009-07-16 12:33:11

**_roysdenc_**

Good to know.  I got nothin for you other than calling Adobe.  Sorry.

-Chris

Board footer