Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-07-13 17:50:11

**_paski2_**

Splititng a meeting room over 2 screens

Does anyone know if it is possible to split the meeting room onto two screens - for eg. camera pod and chat pod on one screen and the share pod with Presentation playing on second screen next to it.  If it is possible please tell me how :)

thanks Anna

#2 2009-07-14 10:36:38

**_Rodney_**

Re: Splititng a meeting room over 2 screens

I did take a look at this but Flash only handles one physical screen. Couldn't find any suitable workaround.
We use the second screen for word documents and share just the window on the second screen for the participants to see.

#3 2009-07-15 11:15:31

**_BCCAresearch_**

You may have some luck if you are able to stretch the screen across two display panels using a single display adapter. Basically using a single graphics card with two outputs. Some display adapters allow you to treat two display panels as a single display. This would allow you to have the camera and voice pod on one panel and the rest of the pods on the second panel.

If you have a display adapter with two outputs (even if one is a DVI connection and the other VGA), using your adapters software it may be an option. I can't really give you any models but I've had success with an ASUS card using the DVI out and a very convenient HDMI out to a HDTV.

Hope this works, feel free to email me about and I may be able to provide more information.

Cheers

BCCAresearch@gmail.com

#4 2009-07-16 02:41:03

**_Rodney_**

Although you may be able to stretch a window over two screens the basic format of the Connect layout will not allow individual pods to be moved off the background that is fixed at a 4:3 ratio.

Would love to find a solution - any other ideas?

#5 2009-07-17 14:58:53

**_tlogan_**

Depending upon your actual use case you could use the Presenter only area to move certain pods out of the primary area and place them within the presenter only area but as mentioned earlier the overall ratio of the Connect meeting screen is a 4:3 ratio.  Also things in presenter only area would only be visible to other presenter and hosts.  So you cannot really "split" the screen only extend or stretch the area of the meeting room.

Board footer