Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-07-08 16:17:34

**_vanblokland_**

Recommendations for wireless microphone

In discussions with Adobe today, they recommended that I find a higher quality lapel microphone for doing my recordings.  The one I have is a "beginner" mic and I only paid about $50 for the package.

Can anyone recommend a quality product that they have used and are happy with?

#2 2009-07-09 10:51:36

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Recommendations for wireless microphone

We use Plantrionics and Microsoft Headsets with mics ($40) and they work great (the Microsoft headsets have wind guards on the mics which is nice). It sounds like your mic would be of sufficient quality, though you could purchase a high end free standing mic or something like a SHURE Lab mic.

But the wireless Mics are more pricey: http://www.amazon.com/Shure-Wireless-La … B000J36ETE

#3 2009-07-09 10:59:05

**_vanblokland_**

Thanks, I should have been a little clearer. I have a great Logitech headset and mic for doing audio recording.  What we are doing is shooting video with subject in front of a green screen with a lavaliere microphone, like a newscaster would wear.  It needs to be wireless so we do not have wires showing in the footage.

Last edited by **_vanblokland_** (2009-07-09 11:06:27)

#4 2009-07-09 13:42:40

**_roysdenc_**

We have an Audio-Technica wired lav that we use for most of our video shoots.  If you do not need to show head to toe, this could work.  I do know your example from your other thread was a head to toe shot, so for a wireless mic, I have always been a fan of SURE mics.  There are other brands out there.  You could look at fullcompass.com (for example) to find a mic in your price range.  A major thing to consider is how you will get the audio into the camera (ex: an xlr connection) and make sure you purchase accordingly.

-Chris

#5 2009-07-09 13:49:30

**_vanblokland_**

Based on my camcorder Canon VIXIA HV30, I was directed to a site which recommended the Audio-Technica Pro 88W.  Also recommendations for the AZDEN line as well. Fullcompas has a good selection.
Thanks for the info.

Board footer