Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-07-03 08:11:39

**_Alan_**

Tech Support

Hi All,

Been in trouble with the Share Pod loading material in the Content Library.

First "fix?" was reloading Flash.....Nothing.

Trying to get through to tech support at 1-800-422-3623 but just get placed on hold for hours.

Any help or point in a better direction much appreciated.

Thanks!

A

#2 2009-07-03 09:39:47

**_mrock66_**

Re: Tech Support

Have you tried creating a new meeting room to see if the problem still exists?  Is it all Content, or just a specific piece?

Matt Rock

#3 2009-07-03 10:00:42

**_Alan_**

Thanks Matt,

Seems to be an issue on the server side.

After reloading Flash and Shockwave, using a new browser, enlisting an independent computer and getting thru to tech support I did get a case # and the issue is getting sent up to level 2.

If I do find out what the issue is I will inform all.

One offer I did give is a total reset of the account..... who knows.

Lesson though is to keep all content in the Content Library backed up on your own drives in case it does get funky on the server.

To be continued...

A

#4 2009-07-04 21:51:27

**_mark2741_**

In defense of ACP Tech Support....

I've called a bunch of times and never had to wait.

Of course, they've never been able to fix any issues I've had, but at least they answer for me!

#5 2009-07-06 09:26:31

**_roysdenc_**

With ACP support, I have a different number I call, but mMy recent phone calls have had significant wait times compared to the past too.  I also know teir 1 and teir 2 support have moved offshore, so that could explain things a little.   I can tell because of the obvious things with support moving offshore, as well as simple things like the level of service has dropped to what it was two years ago or so just as far as an understanding of the product goes.  I still use some direct contacts for most of my issues, and try to avoid support when possible, but the few times I have had to call recently have not been worth my time.  I hope things get better.

Oh, and I call 1-866-335-2256 for support.

-Chris

#6 2009-07-07 15:51:31

**_pafell_**

I have to agree that Adobe Technical Support for Connect has taken a pretty big step backward since they moved support offshore a couple of months ago.  Perhaps these are just "growing pains" associated with moving an entire support operation overseas but I'm starting to see some disturbing trends emerging:  1.  The overall level of knowledge of the new tech support team seems to be significantly less than the old team.  When support was based out of Ottawa, most of my issues were resolved on the first (or second) call.  Now even reasonably straightforward questions require them to do research and call me back (often days later).  2.  It seems like there is more of a "trial-and-error" approach to troubleshooting than there used to be.  Instead of *knowing* what is likely causing a problem or unexpected behavior, there seems to be a lot of "let's try this".  I can appreciate that you need to establish a cause-and-effect relationship as part of troubleshooting but I spent 3 hours on the phone the other day moving files back and forth, zipping and unzipping things (after it was quite apparent what the cause of the problem was) and STILL ended up not having a resolution when the call was over.  3.  This may seem like nit-picking but PLEASE take into account the 9-10 hour time difference when you call me back.  I'm not in my office at 9:30 at night (hopefully).  It's frustrating to wait all day for a return call and to find out the next morning that Adobe Tech Support called after hours.

I've been advised that the situation "should improve soon" but I am beginning to worry about what will happen if we were to have a serious system problem or outage.

#7 2009-07-07 16:08:39

**_roysdenc_**

So one thing to add it they do have an in meeting support number to call now, so that when you are in or about to start a meeting, you can get a little higher priority on your call.  I haven't tried it, so not sure who actually gets the calls. 

pafell - you describe most of my recent dealings with support when I call in.  If it is major, I have a few direct contacts, but for the little things such as is the server down, the response is let me call you back.  If you are lucky you hear back in days (rather than weeks).  Previously you would hear back in minutes, maybe a few hours depending on the issue.  The higher levels of support still seems good and I have high hopes for them, but the platinum support (or what ever they call it, everyone is different) is currently about as useful as the plant on my desk.  No wait, the plant provides oxygen for me, so it has a leaf up on the other guys.

I have passed up the chain to take this change with support into consideration with our upcoming contract renewal discussions.  In my opinion, the support I am now getting with the offshore setup is at or below the level of support I got a year and a half to two years ago when Adobe knew far less about the product (the aquired it, didn't create it).

-Chris

#8 2009-07-08 10:56:14

**_Alan_**

I'd like to follow up on my original posting.

Although getting to speak to someone at Tech Support was a lengthy ordeal, once I received a repair ticket and sent up to Level 2, everything went very smoothly. Whatever the corrective action that was needed was done over the holiday weekend and we are back in the saddle again.

Applause to Tech Support but sure wish access was a bit easier.

Thanks to all!

A

Board footer