Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-07-02 13:06:09

**_Daniel_**

Flash Player 10 not working in Vista

Has anyone experienced this and know what to do? Just started occurring with my machine this week. Presenter plugin has stopped working due to flash player "not being up to date." I get a message something like that when I try to import video for example. Googled my problem and found some blog where someone wrote how to get flash player to work properly on 32 bit Vista OS.

That blog recommended to go to C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash and run FlashUtil10b.exe as an administrator. I did it and it worked! But it did not stick after shutting down the computer at the end of the day. Upon restart, that process needed to be repeated. Anyone seen this?

It could be a problem with Internet Explorer, as I also received the flash player needing to be updated message when trying to open a Connect Pro meeting in IE. I switched to Firefox and it opened fine. However, does not really explain the issue with powerpoint.

I have since found on Adobe's website that the FP10 update is different for IE then it is for Firefox. So perhaps I just need to play with it some more and make sure the update is executed successfully for both browsers?

Thanks for your wisdom!

Last edited by **_Daniel_** (2009-07-02 13:07:17)

#2 2009-07-06 09:35:47

**_roysdenc_**

Re: Flash Player 10 not working in Vista

Daniel, I am running Flash player 10.0.22.87 on Vista32 and have been since it came out without issue.  I also mainly use IE, not FireFox.  That being said, I have heard they are working on some hot fixes for the flash play for other issues, so maybe something else will be changed to help your issue.  Not sure what is causing it myself.

-Chris

#3 2009-07-07 15:26:01

**_pafell_**

Hi Daniel,
I just had the same thing happen on my PC at home running 32-bit Vista.  I think there might be a recent Windows Update that blew up Flash Player in IE.  Not only did it affect Adobe Connect it also affected all Flash content running in IE.  What I ended up doing was going into the Control Panel, finding the Adobe Flash Player ActiveX Control (I can't remember the exact wording of how it was listed but that should be close) and removed it.  Then I went out to Adobe's site and downloaded a fresh copy of Flash Player and all seems to be working fine again.

Hope that helps!
-Paul

#4 2009-07-08 07:57:25

**_Daniel_**

Hi Paul and Chris,
Thanks for weighing in on this. Paul's solution sounds promising. I'll let you know.
This forum is an invaluable tool.
Daniel

Board footer