Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-06-29 05:07:40

**_keru_**

Nested user groups + Auto closing AV Pods

Hi all, I have two distinct questions about meeting rooms.

First: is there a way to create user groups inside other user groups? I would like to organize meeting users in subgroups instead of create a long list of groups.

Second: last week we had a very long meeting and the av pod that was streaming both audio and video stopped the streaming itself a couple of time. So I needed to reactivate it manually.
Why did it happen? Is it a common behavior?

Thank you in advance for your help!

#2 2009-06-29 14:37:13

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Nested user groups + Auto closing AV Pods

First: Yes you can nest groups. Just keep track of what groups are nested where... Mostly a warning to not run into licensing issues.

Second: This sounds like someone who was streaming lost connectivity to the internet. This is most commonly seen on shared or wireless connections. See if a more stable internet connection helps.

#3 2009-06-30 03:18:31

**_keru_**

First: How do you nest groups? I've tried but when I create a group inside another, it is created always on the top level... is that a license problem?

Second: I was streaming via ethernet... but yes, probably it was a temporary network problem.

Thank you Jorma! :)

Last edited by **_keru_** (2009-06-30 04:57:10)

#4 2009-06-30 13:51:10

**_dyun_**

When nesting groups, the groups all appear at the top level, but then you are able to add them to the various system groups to provide the ability to manage access in this bulk manner.  So its not a folder-like paradigm where one group is physically contained within another, but more like a parent-child relationship where you have Group A and Group B, which you can add to the Meeting Hosts group and members of those groups will inherit all of the permissions afforded to Meeting Hosts.

The advantage of doing it this way is that you can change permissions/access in bulk for these logical groupings instead of having to do it user by user.

Does that make sense?

Best,
David

#5 2009-07-01 04:31:38

**_keru_**

Great. Thank you dyun for the explanation. :)

Board footer