Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-06-25 16:16:48

**_pgiandrew_**

maximum users on meeting session and license type

hi, I understand the maximum user number for a meeting room is 75, what is the maximum number for the seminar room? In addition, does it need to be a concurrent user license or named user license, or if it matters?

#2 2009-06-25 16:23:32

**_Jeff_at_RealEyes_**

Re: maximum users on meeting session and license type

Actually, the maximum amount of attendees for a Named Organizer Meeting Room is 100. A Named Organizer (an individual in the Meeting Hosts System Group) can hold a meeting at any given time of up to 100 attendees. That's the functionality of the license.

Seminar Rooms start at a minimum of 200 concurrent connections, and can go up to 1,500, but it's not recommended to go any higher than that.

As far as the Concurrent User licensing model, the maximum amount of connections to a Meeting Room is exactly how many licenses you have on your account. So, if you have 100 Concurrent Users, that means 100 concurrent connections, either hosting or attending a meeting at any given time. Each license is freed up after a user logs out of the system. In essence, Concurrent User and Concurrent Learner (for that matter) licensing models both serve as "license pools", per se.

Does the above clarify?

And just out of curiosity, where did you hear that a maximum number for a Meeting Room is 75?

#3 2009-06-25 16:28:47

**_pgiandrew_**

Thanks.

The number of 75 comes from an Adobe presentation. I found it somewhere from Adobe Resource center.

#4 2009-06-30 03:21:26

**_keru_**

Hi,
what happens when the user limit of 100 is reached?
I suppose an error message will show up to new attendees, is it customizable?

#5 2009-06-30 09:35:27

**_Jeff_at_RealEyes_**

Correct.

A message telling the user that the limit for the Meeting Room has been reached, and they're unable to proceed.

As far as the message being customizable, I'm not sure if it is or it isn't. If your account is Hosted at Adobe, then I'm willing to bet that it's not, but if your account is Licensed and hosted on-premise, then it might be.

#6 2009-09-08 15:34:06

**_jasonb_**

Hi Jeff,

i am going to host a meeting with everyone in all our offices. we have 190 employees spread out over 5 states.
will there be an issue with audio broadcasting to everyone (one way audio from host to participants).

also just wanted to clarify. so one meeting can only accept 100 attendees/ participants?

i appreciate your help. thanks

#7 2009-09-08 19:36:08

**_Jeff_at_RealEyes_**

Hi Jason,
One Meeting Room may or may not be able to hold 100 attendees.

Depending on what kind of licensing model is applied to your account, if you have the Named Organizer licensing model, then each member of the Meeting Hosts System Group can have a meeting at any given time of up to 100 attendees. However, you may be able to have all 190 people, even if you do have a Named Organizer licensing model. To make this possible, you'll need to purchase Burst Packs from your reseller. Burst Packs work as overage minutes, and give you the ability to have up to 5 times the amount of attendees, as qualified for the licensing model. That being said, if you purchase a 5,000 minute Burst Pack, depending on the meeting length, it will go against the Burst Pack minutes. Here is the exact description of the Burst Pack, as set by Adobe Systems:

Adobe Systems Inc. wrote:

Overage minutes for Acrobat Connect Pro Hosted:  5,000 pre-paid overage minutes providing up to 5 times your licensed capacity *.  Overage minute usage is based on meeting minutes for additional participants (beyond licensed seats or capacity). Overage minutes can be applied toward concurrent user meetings or named organizer meetings (seminar rooms and training are not included).   

* For instance, if you own 100 concurrent user seats and sufficient overage minutes, you can have up to 500 individuals attend your meeting. Adobe reserves the rights to change the capacity limits at any time and without notice.

Burst Packs will also work with the Concurrent User licensing model.

If you have a Seminar Room on your account, there is no need to worry, as Seminar Rooms (as I stated in a previous post) can handle up to a minimum of 200 concurrent connections.

Depending on your frequency of conducting 100+ attendee meetings, you may want to look at getting a Seminar Room before Burst Packs, as it may be better to spend the money and just have that capability to handle it, instead of spending, exceeding minutes, spending again, etc. Kind of the difference between being proactive instead of reactive.

As for one person broadcasting to all of the Participants, there shouldn't be any issue(s).

Please feel free to contact me via email through the forum for further clarification, or any pricing questions, as I'm more than happy to assist.

#8 2010-07-01 01:47:33

**_TwinMonkeys_**

Jeff_at_RealEyes wrote:
Adobe Systems Inc. wrote:

Overage minutes for Acrobat Connect Pro Hosted:  5,000 pre-paid overage minutes providing up to 5 times your licensed capacity *.  Overage minute usage is based on meeting minutes for additional participants (beyond licensed seats or capacity). Overage minutes can be applied toward concurrent user meetings or named organizer meetings (seminar rooms and training are not included).   

* For instance, if you own 100 concurrent user seats and sufficient overage minutes, you can have up to 500 individuals attend your meeting. Adobe reserves the rights to change the capacity limits at any time and without notice.

Burst Packs will also work with the Concurrent User licensing model.

The quote from Adobe said Adobe Connect Pro "Hosted". Is there Burst Pack for "On-Premises" Connect Pro?

Thanks
TM

#9 2012-08-02 15:11:01

**_JWalker_**

Just to confirm, we can have multiple hosts/presenters in a room and still have a meeting room capacity of 100 attendees, correct?  We have 8.0.

#10 2012-08-02 15:20:15

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

No, the capacity number is for all attendees, no matter their level. So if you are in the room as a host with two other hosts and three presenters, that leaves 94 seats for participants.

Board footer