Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-06-25 13:18:21

**_winsorams_**

Question about randomized answers

I am creating quizzes randomized questions and randomized answers. Say, for example, for one questions, answer "a" takes up two lines, answer "b" takes up one line, "c", 2 lines and "d", 1 line. After I create the quiz, I push the elements around so they fit into the format I have created.

When I publish the quiz and I go to the question decribed above, the answers are random. This is good, because this is what I wanted. But now, the spacing between each answer is no longer uniform (as it was when I formatted it. It is almost as if the space allotted for the answers (when I formatted) stays. So, after the answers are randomized, if the answer for "a" is now 1 line, it is still allotted space for two lines.

I have attached images of what I mean.

This is from my powerpoint document. You can see the answers are pretty uniformly space apart.

image2.jpg

And this is what I get after I published the quiz.

image001.jpg

Has anyone run into this? If so, how can it be fixed?

#2 2009-06-25 13:31:03

**_roysdenc_**

Re: Question about randomized answers

Not an answer, but possible solution.

Have you tried making the spacing equal between all answers?  It looks like it is keeping your original spacing, and simply moving the text to another spot.  Even though you do have the one space between each answer, your total lines per answer may need to be the same.

-Chris

#3 2009-06-25 13:57:46

**_winsorams_**

That is what I thought of doing, but I have well over 100 slides to reformat if that was the case. I was hoping there was a feature that I did not know about to solve this issue.

I have found there is quite a few things that you have to work around in this program...

Thanks for the response.

#4 2009-06-25 14:37:41

**_roysdenc_**

Yeah, I have a lot of work arounds I use as well.  Before you start updating everything, you may want to see if anyone else responds in the next day or so.  My response was a guess based off of what I saw.  I don't actually use the quizes (others here do occasionally), so I am not sure if there is another solution.

-Chris

#5 2009-07-15 14:35:53

**_vjfrescas_**

I have had that same issue.  Basically, if my multiple choice answers are any longer than a few words, I don't use the shuffle feature.  I only use it on short answer questions that will stay on one line.  Not the best solution, but it beats having to manually adjust spacing.  HTH!

Last edited by **_vjfrescas_** (2009-07-15 14:36:39)

Board footer