Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-06-23 11:59:52

**_sjcecran_**

Problem with PowerPoint bullet timing after publication with Presenter

I'm using PowerPoint 2003 SP3 and Presenter Ver. 7.0.2 Build 7464 (Trial version)

For my presentation, I recorded a sidebar video using a webcam with a built in microphone.

Animation timings cannot be synchronized with audio from a video clip using Presenter as they can with audio only, so I used the custom animation feature in PowerPoint to have the bullets fade in at the appropriate time to coincide with audio from the video clip.

For example bullet 1 starts 'with previous' and runs for two seconds
bullet 2 starts 'after previous' and starts at the five second mark;
and bullet 3 starts 'after previous' and starts at the 10 second mark.

When I play the preview or run the slide show from PowerPoint, everything looks as it should.

When I publish to Presenter and run the presentation,  the first bullet fades in as it should; then, a little after the five second mark, the 2nd AND 3rd bullets appear, with no animation.

I've tried a few different settings in PP, to no avail. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

#2 2009-06-23 12:15:28

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Problem with PowerPoint bullet timing after publication with Presenter

The custom animation piece doesn't translate to Presenter. The easiest way to fix this is to go to Edit audio, and insert silence for the length of the video and then place your click markers on the appropriate locations in the silence (at the beginning of your slide, 5 seconds in, and 10 seconds in as I read from your post).

All of your animations must be ON CLICK for you to controll them in the audio editor, otherwise you get the functionality you are seeing now.

#3 2009-06-23 13:34:48

**_sjcecran_**

Re: Problem with PowerPoint bullet timing after publication with Presenter

Thanks Jorma - it's quite a workaround, but it works!

Board footer