Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-06-23 06:45:41

**_acuccc2_**

Named Organizer Licensing --

We currently have a 50 user license, but are also in the process of purchasing 200 additional meeting named organizer licenses, with 100 attendees per named organizer license. 

Regarding scheduling and use of these named organizer licenses, one thought we had was to assign say 5-10 licenses per department and have each individual department dole out named license as needed.  This way, it would not be tied to one individual and it would create efficiencies as well.  We would uniquely name each account by department and suffix a # or some other unique identifier.

My question is:  Can a named organizer be a department?

My next question is: How do other institutions schedule the use/distribution of Adobe Connect licenses, both the Concurrent Attendee and Named Organizer models to ensure they don't run out, use them effiicently, etc.?

#2 2009-06-23 07:35:07

**_Jeff_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Named Organizer Licensing --

Named Organizer licenses typically are never used as department logins, as this could be considered a blatant violation of the Terms and Conditions. As stated in the product description that you were quoted on:

Adobe Acrobat Connect Pro Hosted,7,HSTD,MUN,NAMED ORG
1 Adobe Acrobat Connect Pro Meeting Named Organizer. Each individual Named
Organizer has the ability to host a meeting with up to 100 total attendees on the
Adobe Hosted platform. Named Organizers may create an unlimited number of
meeting rooms, however, the Named Organizer can only use one of their rooms at
any one time and rooms cannot be accessed unless the Named Organizer is present.
Named Organizers must be individuals, not groups or generic logins, and a Named
Organizer license cannot be shared between more than one individual.

And while as a trainer and reseller of the product, we try not to "police" our clients, we merely describe their licensing and make 100% certain they understand what they can (and sometimes can't) do with it prior to purchasing. A lack of explanation about licensing is unacceptable, and it seems sometimes that I've had to deal with clients that never understood their licensing to begin with because whoever they purchased through originally never explained it to them.

As far as other institutions, businesses, etc. allocating and delegating their licenses, that's not something we hear about all too often, but I do know that if they are running out of licenses constantly, they are in need of either applying more licenses to the account, or restructuring they way that their licenses are being used altogether. For Concurrent User and Concurrent Learner licenses, the key word is concurrently, so the main question that you need to ask is, how many Learners or Users in total are there? Whatever the answer is, we say that taking 20% to 30% of the total number is a safe bet, seeing as how in most cases, it's a combination of Learners and/or Users both online, as well as in the institution itself, and the chances of every last one of them being online concurrently can be a long shot.

Does that make sense? If not, please feel free to email me through the forum.
Thanks!

#3 2009-06-23 07:48:05

**_acuccc2_**

Hi Jeff -- I have an existing call into Adobe Support to see what options we have for Named Organizer accounts and I haven't heard back from them.  Where (url link) did you find the above information?  I haven't seen anything that addresses this.  It seems pretty clear that the above rules out this as an option. 

I think our dilemma will be, we may have a user who many only use it a few times a year and to assign a named organizer to a user who will rarely use the account when it could be re-assigned to someone else with a greater need, but perhaps this violates the design of the license.

#4 2009-06-23 07:56:00

**_Jeff_at_RealEyes_**

The above description of the Named Organizer licensing model comes from the Adobe Connect Pro Quote Tool (available only to resellers) and is what is included in every price quotation that we send out. Each line item/SKU has a description, and the aforementioned is where it comes from - directly from Adobe Systems Inc.

My best advice is to contact whoever you're buying through and make them explain what each license does (if they haven't already), and ask them for license descriptions.

#5 2009-06-23 07:59:14

**_acuccc2_**

Thanks again for the info Jeff.   This is good to know.  One would think this information would be in their product description on their website.

Board footer