Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-06-23 02:52:19

**_BKatia_**

Limit access to a meeting room

Hi,
I understand that the start time and the duration of a meeting are purely informational, but I'd like to know if there's a way to:
- allow the participants to enter the room only after the start time;
- force the participants to leave after the end time
no mattter if the host is present in the meeting room and through the XML API.
I read the whole guide "adobe acrobat connect pro 7 - web services" butI couldn't find a way to make this.

Another thing:
How can I put a meeting "on hold" through the XML APIs?
What is the difference from a meeting not "on hold"?

Thanks

#2 2009-06-23 12:11:58

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Limit access to a meeting room

You may be able to build an application that runs in the room and doesn't let any interactions happen except for when you decide the room should be available. But I'm not sure how complicated of an app that would be.

The "hold" feature makes it so that the Presenters and Hosts of the room can enter and interact with the room, but the participants have to wait on a hold screen with a message that you dictate. You could leave the rooms like that when they are not in use or you could turn on the "Block incoming attendees" feature to keep everyone but the host out of the room.

Because Connect was built to be persistent, it has the rooms available 24/7/365 so other than using one of the participant management tools or creating and deleting the rooms as you want them, I don't believe there is an easy solution to this request.

#3 2009-06-23 13:05:46

**_tlchurch_**

Re: Limit access to a meeting room

There's nothing in the XML API that you can just toggle to turn on this type of functionality. You could, however, build a SWF that makes a call to the sco-info (you would need to set this as the host in each room, or the URL and have an extra call to look up the sco from the url), parse for the begin and end time, and then change the pod size to cover anything that might be going on in the room.

This would not remove users from the room, but would prevent them from seeing anything present in the room. You could also use the SDK to make the room available to hosts and/or presenters, but not participants.

I don't know of a way to programmatically remove a user from a meeting room.

Last edited by **_tlchurch_** (2009-06-23 13:06:10)

Board footer