Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-06-22 09:51:35

**_acuccc2_**

Licensing Definition of Terms

Here is our current licensing information for meetings:

Meeting Concurrent Attendee Pricing Model
Meeting Hosts:   44 / Unlimited
Meeting Peak Concurrent Users:   50   (Soft Limit:50)
Concurrent Users Per Meeting:   Unlimited   (Soft Limit:1000000000)
Burst Pack (in min):   0 / Unlimited   (Disabled)

My questions are:

1)  My assumption is our license restricts us to a total of 50 people for a meeting.  So...if we had 1 host, and 49 attendees in a meeting, that is our limit.  The 51st attendee would be blocked.  Is this correct?

2)  It seems the "Concurrent Users Per Meeting" of Unlimited is in conflict with the 50 limit of Meeting Peak Concurrent Users?

3)  I'm not sure wha the Meeting Hosts is telling me.

After consulting the Adobe Docs, I'm still not clear on what our actual limits are.

TIA...

#2 2009-06-22 10:16:47

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Licensing Definition of Terms

You have licensing for 50 concurrent meeting attendees. That means that you can have one meeting with 50 people (or connections) in it, 50 rooms with 1 person in it or anything in between. A meeting room can hold a total of 100 attendees, if you have the licensing for it.

1) Yes, this is correct.

2) Disregard this licensing limit, it has no affect on your account.

3) Meeting Host it telling you that you have 44 named individuals in your account (see Users and Groups) in the Meeting Host group. This means that 44 named people can create and manage meeting rooms.

#3 2009-06-22 10:23:44

**_acuccc2_**

Thanks Jorma :-)

#4 2009-06-22 10:25:31

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

No problem. Glad to help.

#5 2009-12-08 16:43:16

**_jonaslagneryd_**

Jorma_at_RealEyes wrote:

You have licensing for 50 concurrent meeting attendees. That means that you can have one meeting with 50 people (or connections) in it, 50 rooms with 1 person in it or anything in between. A meeting room can hold a total of 100 attendees, if you have the licensing for it.

1) Yes, this is correct.

3) Meeting Host it telling you that you have 44 named individuals in your account (see Users and Groups) in the Meeting Host group. This means that 44 named people can create and manage meeting rooms.

Is there a solution/ an Adobe offer for handling peaks of concurrent users that extend one's license of concurrent meeting attendees?

Kind regards,
Jonas

#6 2009-12-10 13:08:25

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Jonas,

You can purchase burst pack minutes to have as a supplement to your concurrent user license. They come in 5000 min packs, and if you had 52 people concurrently on your system, then you would use 2 burst pack minutes for every minute that elapsed (one for each user over 50).

Just contact your reseller and they should be able to provide you with pricing.

#7 2009-12-10 13:22:29

**_jonaslagneryd_**

Great! Thanks.

#8 2010-01-26 15:50:11

**_chris_m_**

Is it true that the max number of attendees any single room can hold is 100 despite what you're licensed to do?  We have a Meeting Peak Concurrent Users of 300.  Sorry I was unable to find this information in the documentation.

Jorma_at_RealEyes wrote:

1) Yes, this is correct.

#9 2010-01-26 16:08:45

**_Jeff_at_RealEyes_**

chris_m wrote:

Is it true that the max number of attendees any single room can hold is 100 despite what you're licensed to do?  We have a Meeting Peak Concurrent Users of 300.  Sorry I was unable to find this information in the documentation.

Meeting Rooms that can hold a maximum of 100 attendees is indicative of the Named Organizer licensing model, which evidently, you don't have.

Since your account has a 300 Concurrent Users, that translates to having the ability to have 300 people online concurrently, either hosting or attending a meeting. That being said, you can have 1 Meeting Room with 300 people, 3 Meeting Rooms with 100 people in each, so on and so forth.

I hope that better clarifies.

#10 2010-01-26 16:12:08

**_chris_m_**

Yes, thanks for the clarification!

Jeff_at_RealEyes wrote:
chris_m wrote:

Meeting Rooms that can hold a maximum of 100 attendees is indicative of the Named Organizer licensing model, which evidently, you don't have.

Since your account has a 300 Concurrent Users, that translates to having the ability to have 300 people online concurrently. That being said, you can have 1 Meeting Room with 300 people, 3 Meeting Rooms with 100 people in each, so on and so forth.

I hope that better clarifies.

Board footer