Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-06-19 07:07:15

**_RobZ_**

Screen sharing with audio in a meeting

Hello everybody.

A customer of ours would like to share in a meeting room an application (actually, it's an e-book with interactive contents) with the attendees.

With the screen sharing you can share the "video" portion but not the audio; as an example, suppose you want to share the Windows Media Player as an application; you can see the video but not the audio (which is still "connected" to the presenter's microphone) not to mention the application must be controller by a single person (eg, to pause it, FF or REW and what have you).

Question: is there a way to "short-circuit" the PC audio output with the microphone input as to actually share both the video and audio portions of a given application?

The customer told me that the e-book is a flash application but it's approx 2.5GB in size with a lot of files and folders which (I think) cannot be uploaded to Connect; one option could be the adoption of the Flash Media Server but I'm not quite sure a single user can have *control* over the application.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Rob

#2 2009-06-19 14:19:03

**_mark2741_**

Re: Screen sharing with audio in a meeting

Yes, you could just run a line from your line out (or speaker out if you had to) to your line in or microphone jack on your PC. You'll have to play with the Windows mixer to get the levels right though. Definitely do some tests of this before trying it for a live meeting.

I think there is most likely a better approach for what you're trying to do, but if you insist on doing live audio this way then the above method should work.

mark
www.elearninglive.com

#3 2009-06-19 16:55:55

**_roysdenc_**

From my experience, if you have a good audio card on a desk top computer, it has this functionality built in.  Standard audio cards typically do not.  If you are using a laptop, I have almost always seen where you have to route your headphone jack to your mic jack.  I have a handful of 6 inch mini to mini cables just for this.

-Chris

#4 2009-06-24 01:47:40

**_RobZ_**

Mark & Chris,

thank you very much for your pointers!

I'll check with my PC's sound card driver if there's a way to accomplish that; alternatively, I think I'll adopt the HW method (ie, cabling :-)

Thanks,
Rob

Board footer