Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-06-18 16:40:33

**_wcrawford_**

Host not able to access other Host accounts

Hi, everyone

This might be basic but I have had no luck searching for my answer.  Please let me know your experiences.

When I as a Host (I am also an Admin) try to access another room setup by another Host I cannot come in as a Host.  I am only able to come in as a role determined by the Host of that room.  For example, George, a Host, sets up a room.  I login as a Host after I click on the link to the room.  I am successful in getting to the room but not able to come in as a Host. 

Thoughts?

Thanks.

#2 2009-06-18 17:28:52

**_Jeff_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Host not able to access other Host accounts

If you didn't originally create the Meeting Room, Connect Pro will not identify you as the Host.

But since you're an Administrator on the account, you can make yourself a Host in any existing User Meetings prior to entering the Meeting Room by taking the following steps:
1.) Click on the Meeting Room name in the User Meetings folder of which you wish to be a Host
2.) Click on 'Edit Participants'
3.) Highlight your name in the 'Available Users and Groups' box, then click the 'Add' button to add yourself to the 'Current Participants for ____' box
4.) Highlight your name in the 'Available Users and Groups' box, then click the 'Set User Role' button, and set yourself to 'Host'

Done.

This will set you to Host when you log into the Meeting Room.

Hope that clarifies, as well as helps!

#3 2009-06-18 17:31:11

**_dyun_**

This is how the software was intended to work as there are certainly scenarios where you wouldn't want other users coming in as hosts to your meeting as that would increase the chance for multiple users clicking around the interface and reeking havoc.

However, users do have the ability set other users as hosts of their meeting in advance either via Step 2 of the Create New Meeting wizard or if the meeting already exists by going to Edit Participants.  Once you add someone to the meeting participant list, you can use Set User Role to pre-register the user as a host.

The procedure for this is outlined in this tutorial:
http://seminars.adobe.acrobat.com/createmeeting

#4 2009-06-18 17:31:53

**_dyun_**

whoops, looks like Jeff beat me to the punch.  :)

Board footer