Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-06-17 15:48:29

**_bcaille_**

Sco-upload on a hosted installation

Hi everyone,

We're trying to create entries into Shared Content folder using the API but get stuck with an

"invalid format" on file field

I believe this to be related to our Adobe-hosted installation and trial installations.  Is it a requirement to host our own copy of Connect Pro to properly upload content?

If so, what is the price range to host our own copy?

Thanks in advance.

#2 2009-06-18 09:23:17

**_bcaille_**

Re: Sco-upload on a hosted installation

Any answer would be appreciate so we could guide our customer to the right product.

#3 2009-06-19 11:47:02

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

You should be able to upload content to the content library, but you need to have 2 conditions met. First you need to be in the Authors Group in Connect. It sounds like you are since your not getting a "You are not authorized" message. Second the content must be in a format that is acceptable to Connect : *.ppt, *.pptx, *.flv, *.swf, *.pdf, *.gif, *.jpg, *.png, *.mp3, *.html

If you are meeting these two conditions then there is probably something else in your API call that needs adjustment.

The fact that you are hosted should have no effect on this. The price range to host Connect in house is something that you should go back to the reseller you purchased from originally as they would be the best person to ask.

#4 2009-06-19 12:24:02

**_bcaille_**

I am not getting an "Not authorized" message but a "Invalid format on file field" message.

Files i'm trying to upload are jpg's.

I am sending the file like stated in the doc :
file=myFormElementName

coming from an input such as this one
<input type="file" name="myFormElementName">

Any working code sample I could try?

#5 2009-06-19 14:08:14

**_jcooper9099_**

bacallie,

Try to get your applictaion to spit out the text filename to you. It could be getting too much/ wrong / information from your "input". Depending on language you cold be expecting c:\folder\filename.txt but what your aplication is feeding connect is "System.io.filename, system.IO.fileextension"

#6 2009-06-19 14:21:39

**_bcaille_**

My application is in PHP.

I'm on a Unix platform so is this an issue?

I don't have any problem retreiving my values through $_FILES

But the API still crashes.

Ideas?

#7 2009-06-19 14:23:18

**_jcooper9099_**

I have little experience in php. Sorry

#8 2009-06-22 08:03:46

**_bcaille_**

Regardless of the language used, how can a file be re-uploaded to Adobe's server?

The way I see it, a temp file is created on my server after submitting the form and I'd have to re-upload that file to Adobe's server, then use the API call with the file=filename.

Something we're getting wrong?

Just for info, we are launching these calls from a Moodle platform on our server.
http://moodle.org/

#9 2009-06-23 08:16:19

**_bcaille_**

Anyone ever successfully used the "file" argument of the sco-upload method while being on a trial or Adobe Hosted Connect Pro?

Board footer