Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-06-17 04:41:19

**_ThonyB_**

Using Connect Pro with Microsoft Office Roundtable

Hello,

I am trying to use the Microsoft Office Roundtable (if you don't this device, check this : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_RoundTable) as camera, microphone and speakers for Connect Pro.
Once plugged, this device creates 2 cameras in Windows XP. Both can be selected in Connect Pro.
I know the camera that tracks the flow of conversation in real time works with Breeze and Acrobat ConnectNow, but it seems not to work within Connect Pro.

Any feedback using this device is welcome !

Thanks for your help !

Last edited by **_ThonyB_** (2009-06-17 04:42:21)

#2 2009-06-17 09:30:30

**_roysdenc_**

Re: Using Connect Pro with Microsoft Office Roundtable

Thony8 -

I know this has come up before, but  never heard of it working in Connect.  We have a Roundtable here and I spent time testing it out with Connect with no luck.  I will see if I can find the thread and post a link to it.

-Chris

Update - Here is the thread: http://www.connectusers.com/forums/cucb … hp?id=1908

Last edited by **_roysdenc_** (2009-06-17 09:32:31)

#3 2009-06-17 10:16:05

**_ThonyB_**

Thank you Chris.

I've just read the threat you mentionned. I tried to make the RoundTable work in Connect Pro with the help of DV Driver : it worked and it tracked the flow of conversation. But the image quality is the worst I have ever seen in connect. The rendering is not satisfying and DVDriver cannot be considered as a solution.

It's very frustrating because this device is promising and works well with Acrobat ConnectNow !

Maybe someone will be luckier than us...

#4 2009-06-17 10:34:11

**_roysdenc_**

That is interested that it works in ConnectNow and not Connect Pro.  Silly Adobe, can't even make the products have the same functionality.

-Chris

#5 2009-06-17 12:03:11

**_dyun_**

The reason some of the functionality or the way functions work differs between the two is that ConnectNow was developed much later than Connect Pro and uses ActionScript 3/Flash Player 9 as its baseline whereas Connect Pro uses ActionScript2/Flash Player 8 today.  If you remember, Flash Player 9 was the release where a bunch of new video features (including support for HD quality H.264 video was released).  Staying on Flash Player 8 has been a conscious decision to this point, due to the adoption curve of Flash Player versions (so to say 99% of the world can instantly connect to your meetings) I believe.

#6 2009-06-17 12:47:14

**_roysdenc_**

Good point about AS3 and Flash 9.

Since 7.5 is in the works, do you know if this is something we can look forward to, or would it be more of a version 8 kind of thing?

-Chris

#7 2009-06-17 13:07:40

**_dyun_**

Not sure...I don't work at Adobe anymore so I can't really comment.

Board footer