Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-06-16 11:30:19

**_Kaya_**

Several hosts be able to set up and us same Connect meeting

What is the best way have several people to be able to host from the same Connect presentation?We are trying to have several of our facililitators access the same Connect Meeting presentations so they can each host a seperate meeting with their own log in. I have tried setting admin rights as Manage for all of the hosts, but I must be doing something wrong. When hosts log in there is no shared content folder etc.

thank you

#2 2009-06-16 12:42:27

**_dyun_**

Re: Several hosts be able to set up and us same Connect meeting

Hi Kaya,

First of all, the reason why your hosts cannot see the Shared Content folder is because someone has to be a member of the "Authors" group to get access to the Content Library.  By default Meeting Hosts only have access to the Meetings area of Connect Pro Central, so if you want to enable you meeting hosts to have access to the Content Library then you also have to add them to the Authors group.

However, if I were trying to achieve this I would do it through the meeting templates feature.  This feature allows you to setup a single meeting how you want it (pre-loaded with content, polls, layouts, pod arrangements, etc.).  Then move it to the Shared Templates folder in the Meeting Library.  Then when each user creates their meeting, tell them to choose this template from the Template drop down in the meeting wizard. 

This way you can centrally manage the room content and layout and distribute to the meeting hosts.
Here is a tutorial on meeting templates: http://www.connectusers.com/tutorials/2 … /index.php

Good Luck,
David

#3 2009-06-16 13:54:18

**_Kaya_**

Re: Several hosts be able to set up and us same Connect meeting

I found a different way to do it, I think.  Our concern is that we want all facilitators to always teach the exact same content every time I think if we give them a template to create their own presentation/meeting then, over time, each facilitator/host would eventually make their own changes to the course.

I found that I can have a shared meetings folder. I went to Meetings/Shared Meetings. Then I upload a new meeting and then as the admin, I  Edit Participants and add the facilitators as hosts.  I think this way everyone then uses the same meeting/presentation.

Thank you

Board footer