Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-06-15 11:34:59

**_CPaullus_**

Placing a Recorded Webcast behind a connect reg page?

I was on the phone for 2 hours with connect support and were very unhelpful and vague.

I want to be able to place a recorded webcast behind an adobe connect reg page. I heard it might be possible it I do this in a "training" cirruculum but am not sure how to do this or if there are other options.

Can anyone help?

#2 2009-06-15 12:22:44

**_mark2741_**

Re: Placing a Recorded Webcast behind a connect reg page?

?

You mean for someone that hasn't been setup as a user in Connect yet?
If so, then the only way I'm aware of is to, possibly, use the 'Event' module. I haven't used that in years, but back in v4.0 of Connect (then Breeze), the way to do self-registration was to first create the content, then wrap it in a training 'course', and then wrap that 'course' in an 'event'. Convoluted, but it generally worked. Not sure if that is how the Events module still works or not.

Of course, it costs extra...

mark
www.elearninglive.com

#3 2009-06-15 14:54:01

**_jcooper9099_**

1. Find your recording and move it to the shared content folder. It's probably under meeting name / recordings.
2. Under training create a curriculum and select "present connect pro. Content"
3. Add the recording as content to the curriculum.
4. under events create an event, and customize the registration info (for new users). Also make sure to tell the event to use "connect pro training"
5. When the event is done you will have a registration link under preview. Send that to your regsitrants.

Last edited by **_jcooper9099_** (2009-06-15 14:54:40)

#4 2009-06-15 14:55:36

**_CPaullus_**

thanks that worked perfectly!

#5 2009-06-17 14:14:27

**_amarie_**

What if you don't have the training or event module? Just the meeting one? Out of luck?

We're trying to make it easier for people to view password-protected recordings. If they could add themselves as a user instead of us doing so, that might help.

AM

#6 2009-06-17 14:27:58

**_jcooper9099_**

Well that may not be so easy.  if you have access to a coldfusion server you could write a custom application which would take form data and then use the Adobe connect API to create a user and update thier permissions on a particular item.

It would work somewhat like the one I created, and example can be found here.

https://www.forensiced.org/reg/eventReg … 0&isOD=yes

#7 2009-06-17 16:23:15

**_dyun_**

amarie,

the events module is probably the best way to achieve what you want.  It's actually quite affordable (a flat fee to turn on the registration/automatic guest user creation functionality), so you might want to approach your sales rep about this.  In my estimation, it would certainly be more cost prohibitive to purchase the events module to do this than to develop your own custom app.

Best,
David

Board footer