Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-06-10 11:06:51

**_rubyinthedust_**

Not able to hear audio from participant

Hi!
one participant can hear and see me but I do not hear her at all. She has successfully done the sound check. I have a feeling the problem is something to do with her status - I am the host and I switch between making her presenter and participant but without success. When she talks I see the loudspeaker icon for a split second then it disappears.
Can anyone put me out of my misery? (I should add that I have not had this problem with most other participants

#2 2009-06-11 12:34:45

**_roysdenc_**

Re: Not able to hear audio from participant

I have found that the speaker isn't always accurate to when someone is speaking (for what it's worth).  That being said, have you had the user try a different mic or run through the audio setup to see if the results are any different?  Also, you can give someone rights to speak without making them a presenter, but it also requires that they activate their mic.  In the case that the person has been set as a presenter, I know I have had presenters who will click the talk button, but not lock it, giving a similar experience, so I wonder if it may be something like that.

-chris

Board footer