Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-06-05 16:34:23

**_RS_**

Captivate 4 Randomized Quiz displaying blank question slide

I'm creating a quiz of 50 randomly generated quiz questions that is pulled from 5 separate quiz pools within the same project (i.e., ten from pool 1, ten from pool 2, etc.) with the intent of generating a flash-based certificate upon successful completion. 

I'm running into an error where around question 33-34, the project is displaying a blank slide.  Since I'm using random question placeholders, I can say that it's not due to a specific question. Imagine the scenario of answering 33 out of 50 questions, then the 34th slide is just blank, despite the fact that the placeholder is pointing to the appropriate question pool, and there are plenty of available/unused questions in the pool.

This happens whether I've published the project to Connect or just while previewing the project in Captivate. If I can't get past the freeze, I can't generate the certificate. Any thoughts?

#2 2009-06-05 17:55:42

**_mark2741_**

Re: Captivate 4 Randomized Quiz displaying blank question slide

I can't help unfortunately, but for what it's worth, I just put together a 50-question quiz yesterday and deployed to Connect today after extensive testing and we're not exhibiting this problem. So my guess is it is something with your quiz.

Our quiz is structured similar to yours in that we're pulling from 6 different question pools, all using the random question placeholder. The first 10 questions come from the 1st question pool, then 8 from each of the remaining 5 pools, for a total of 50 questions.

At the beginning of each set of question slides (ie, one for each pool) I have a divider slide that has nothing but a caption on it stating something like "Question Pool One". Those slides are hidden as they are just to keep the CP file organized.

Works like a charm so far after about 10 or so people taking the quiz. Only issue has been in stopping people from accessing it again via the 'Review Mode', which I can't find a way to disable in Captivate (I already set max attempts to 1).

One last important point: I am *not* wrapping the Captivate inside of a PowerPoint/Presenter slide. Adobe Presenter is nothing short of a polished turd that should be discontinued immediately and anyone who paid for it given a license to Captivate to replace it...

#3 2009-07-08 14:54:21

**_lyn1234_**

I am having the same problem: I am creating a quiz of 50 randomly generated quiz questions that are pulled from a question pool of 170 questions.  I am running into an error after publishing the quiz where sometimes the project displays a blank slide instead of the question slide.  So you might see questions 1 2 and 3 ok and then on question 4 you just get a blank screen

#4 2009-07-21 12:47:43

**_lyn1234_**

Just thought I would pass along to an update on my testing.  After much trial and error,  I think I  have determined a reason for the blank slides displaying.  It seems directly related to the size of questions in the question pool and the number of question pools I have.  My latest test had 224 questions in the pool

Board footer