Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-06-05 13:32:24

**_mark2741_**

Way to hide/disable a course in curriculum for specific users?

I have a curriculum in which students are expected to complete 6 courses and then take two exams - one is a Captivate-based quiz.

Even though I set the Captivate-based quiz's max attempts to 1, Connect still allows the user to go back into the quiz via "Review Mode".

This is a high-stakes certification exam, so we do not want users to be able to review the questions. The questions are pulled dynamically at runtime by the Captivate quiz via Captivate's "question pools" feature. It works and tracks perfectly, but I can't figure out a way to stop the student from beings able to go back into it via review mode, which is something on the Connect side of things.

If I have to I guess I could just setup the exam/quiz as a separate course outside of the curriculum and manually set permissions for the student to enter and then, after they're done, figure out some way for them to notify me so I can go back in and remove their access to it. But that's not ideal...

Any ideas?

#2 2009-06-05 15:45:55

**_Jeff_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Way to hide/disable a course in curriculum for specific users?

Have you tried disallowing users to review the quiz? The Allow user to review quiz option in Presenter is on by default, but can be disabled when you edit the quiz itself:
quizw.jpg
Please keep in mind that each time you create another quiz, this option must be disabled again manually.

In turn, this *should* also disable the allowance of quiz reviewing in Connect Pro if/when deployed as a Curriculum and/or Course. Unfortunately, I don't disable this feature often enough to know definitively on-the-spot, but I'm pretty sure ;)

Hope that helps!

#3 2009-06-05 17:59:22

**_mark2741_**

Re: Way to hide/disable a course in curriculum for specific users?

Thanks for the reply, but unfortunately its of no help as I am not using Adobe Presenter (thank goodness) - I'm using Captivate.

About four years ago, beginning with v4 of Connect (and whatever version of Presenter was being dished out at that time), I spent a lot of time trying to make Presenter work well and ran into nothing but limitation after limitation. My colleague, who recently had the unfortunate task of putting together some courses using Presenter, has lamented that Presenter hasn't gotten much better since then, so we're ditching it in favor of Captivate going forward.

Captivate, other than this one issue of not being able to turn off the review mode, has been working flawlessly so far in Connect. Stuff like the "can't reset a user's transcript' bug is a non-issue when the course was done in Captivate - the feature actually works.

mark
www.elearninglive.com

Board footer