Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-06-04 17:24:40

**_barbarabjr_**

Arrows

What is the best way to add arrows to point to certain spots on the screen?

#2 2009-06-04 18:01:58

**_Jeff_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Arrows

I actually prefer inserting arrows as images themselves, and adding them to my Image Library to use again later in the same presentation, or simply creating a new folder on my hard drive and inserting on-the-fly. From an aesthetics standpoint, you can edit the arrow image prior to inserting it, thus matching it color-wise, embossing, beveling etc. I've found some great stock, royalty free arrow images online.

Alternatively, there is an enhancement pack from KCWebPlaza for Captivate v3 and Captivate v4 that self installs, but I've never used it extensively, just messed around with the demo version to see what it had to offer. They do offer arrows with their enhancement pack, too.

I hope this helps!

#3 2009-06-09 11:13:26

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

or as another option, you can use the Pause and Annotate feature. It seamlessly takes a capture of your screen and you come back into the meeting room where you can use the green pointer arrow or the white boarding tools to mark up your screen. Then when you are ready to continue, you can click the Resume button at the bottom of the share pod and you are back to live screen sharing.

Last edited by **_Jorma_at_RealEyes_** (2009-06-09 11:13:50)

#4 2009-06-19 10:52:39

**_Ajack_**

You can also select an arrow .swf into your build by accessing Cap. 4's gallery.  Go to C drive/program files/adobe/cap4/gallery, then to the SWF animation menu.  There are a lot to choose from there...

Board footer