Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-06-04 09:33:25

**_CCWWW_**

email chat and note pod history

I have tried to send the chat and note pod history.  When I do I get a pop up that says "chat history was sent to "my email".  But, I never get the history.  Any idea why?  Is this a Connect problem, or do I have something set wrong?

#2 2009-06-04 11:36:33

**_dyun_**

Re: email chat and note pod history

Does your organization use email addresses as logins?  Are you the one who created the meeting?  I believe the way it works is that the person who created the meeting, gets the email.  Does this happen for all meetings or just one?

#3 2009-06-04 11:47:30

**_CCWWW_**

We do not use email as logins.  I am not the one who created the meeting.  But, I when I am login as a host, and ask it to send the chat history it says that it is sending to my email.   The history is not sent to the host, or the person that created the meeting.  It is lost somewhere.

#4 2009-06-09 11:08:03

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Check your  spam box. Connect sends text based emails that get grabbed by junk or spam boxes. It should be sitting there happily waiting for you. This is where it always ends up for me when I send the history to myself.

#5 2009-06-09 11:40:54

**_CCWWW_**

It is not in the spam or junk box.

#6 2009-06-09 11:52:22

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

The only other thing I have seen is that some organizations email servers block emails that show they are from you, when the don't originate from your email server. Should this be the case, then these emails are getting block somewhere before they make it to you, and you should go to IT about it. From reading Alister's post on SP3 for C7, I suspect that this issue is getting resolved.

In the mean time, you can always select the text in the chat box and do a copy/paste to a word doc or something to have a record of the chat and notes.

#7 2009-06-09 13:26:07

**_CCWWW_**

I can send emails to myself.

#8 2009-06-15 14:24:14

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Right, the problem sometimes is another system sending emails to you, showing your email as the sender. Your system will know that it didn't come from you and would block it as spam or a security issue.

Board footer