Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-05-23 09:58:27

**_scott801_**

Poor Recording Quality in Offline Recording

I just recorded a short (10 minute) session on Connect and went to make an offline recording.  But the quality of the offline recording is REALLY poor.  The audio is tinny, the video image is grainy, and some of the slide transitions simply to do not show up - the presentation hangs on the previous slide. I can view the recording off the server and it is significantly better.  I tried re-recording the offline version about 10 times and never got a version that doesn't have some significant errors or hangups in it.

Is there any way to adjust the quality of the offline recording so it will match the available server-based recording? I can't seem to find any quality settings in the record interface, and I don't know if any are available at the server admin level.

#2 2009-05-26 09:09:55

**_Daniel_**

Re: Poor Recording Quality in Offline Recording

Hey scott801,

I have not heard of any native setting that you can adjust to increase the quality of the flv that the offline recording feature creates. There are some posts in these forums that speak to ways you can increase the quality by use of a secondary application. One such post is here:
http://www.connectusers.com/forums/cucb … hp?id=1366

Best, Daniel

Last edited by **_Daniel_** (2009-05-26 09:10:20)

#3 2009-06-04 09:08:47

**_Alan_**

Re: Poor Recording Quality in Offline Recording

We, too have had some quality issues with the offline recording.

You may wish to try another product that offers far better quality and multiple filr type saving options for easier editing later on.

It is a screen audio and video capture program called Total Screen Recorder. Extremely simple to download and use, and only costs about $30 bucks.

Definitely worth a try and I think you will be happy with it.

Good luck,

Alan

Board footer