Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-05-22 13:09:48

**_seans_**

Share Pod Error

Hello,

I've suddenly (this week) been uanable to use Share Pods for anything other than Alistair's MP3 player (!). We are using Connect Pro Meeting Hosted.

General
- The upload hangs with the Adobe Presenter load animation or with the generic thermometer stuck at 0%
- This is happening for .ppt and .jpgs
- This is happening with files already uploaded to a content directory or uploaded from a local drive.
- When attempting a .jpg upload i receive an error message "There was an error
converting your file"

Meeting Room
  - This is happening for new and existing meeting rooms.
  - Sometimes I am able to go into a meeting room and a PPT file that was loaded previously (one or two weeks ago) to a Share Pod appears fine and i can click through it. However, switching to another layout and then back causes it to dissappear and go into a hang on the reload.
- Deleting a room and re-creating it fixed the problem --once-- but no longer.
- Creating a new meeting room with no other uploaded files or shared files does not solve the problem.

Other things tried early-on that did not solve the problem:
- Rebooting my PC and logging in again
- Logging in from another PC
- Deleting the pod and trying a new Share Pod
- Deleting the file and re-uploading it
- Uploading a PowerPoint file using the Presenter plug-in
- Uploading a PowerPoint file using the drop-down menu from the Share Pod

I've contacted Adobe Customer Support and the support person was unable to fix/figure this out. She forwarded it to the next level up of support.

I've contacted our 3rd party support and they are M.I.A.

I've searched these forums and found not similar problem.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Sean

#2 2009-05-22 15:53:36

**_roysdenc_**

Re: Share Pod Error

Hey Sean,
    Unfortunately I don't have anything good for you.  I haven't heard of this expereince, and I think it is something Adobe Support will have to take care of.  Who is your 3rd party support?  There are a few people on the board as well as Adobe people who may have better answeres for you.

In the mean time, ping Adobe every day until you hear something.  Twice a day if need be.  I have found that until you become a pain, it is often hard to get support for anything that isn't an easy fix.

-Chris

#3 2009-05-22 16:04:24

**_seans_**

Chris,

I'd rather not name the 3rd party support because this forum is archived and they may just be having a bad week. But when contract renewal time comes around they'll notice one fewer customer.

Thanks for the heads up about Adobe Support. Bummer that they're not very well staffed. Again, something else that will come up when we review contracts and compare to the latest offer from WebEx.

Sean

Last edited by **_seans_** (2009-05-22 16:08:16)

#4 2009-05-22 16:16:14

**_roysdenc_**

I understand about the 3rd party. 

Regarding Adobe support, I have found that there is usually a reason they don't get back to you in a timely manor, all be it not a good reason.  I have also found that I often want answers faster than they can provide them because of the complexity of the issue.  For me, most of the issues I have are often not simple ones, and do require high teirs of support to help out, and as long as I let them know how big the issue is to me even when it is obvious (done by calling every day), I do get results.

Adobe has been doing a better job with their support, so that helps, but it deosn't make me feel better since I still have to push for results.  My most recent case has been going on for a while, and Adobe has done a great job at trying to provide support, and I am helping them as much as I can.  Some times it is just to be a matter of who is the loudest, and they get the extra help.

Another thing to consider is the level of support you are getting as part of your agreement (which I can't speak to).  Adobe support has a tiered structure, so there are definately some who know less than others, and some who can answer most of your questions off the top of their head..  Since you have a 3rd party, they are often seen as your first line of support, and without knowing what your contract is for, this may be the reason you get a certain level of support from Adobe. Could be right or wrong on this one.

Stay in touch with support, and you will get an answer.  The more in touch you are with them, the faster you will get an answer (in most cases).

Good Luck
-Chris

#5 2009-05-28 13:47:55

**_seans_**

Solved!

Alistair, you're not going to like this but that MP3 player (nifty as it is) is the source of the problem. It loads and runs fine but when it is loaded/shared (playing or not) nothing else will.

Board footer