Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-05-22 01:50:14

**_brodie75_**

External Whiteboards that work with Connect

Hi does anyone know where I can get a list of external whiteboards that work with Adobe Acrobat Connect?  I know that Mimo and E Beam work , however  I need to compile a list .

#2 2009-05-22 08:21:19

**_Jeff_at_RealEyes_**

Re: External Whiteboards that work with Connect

The DigiMemo works very well. There's a thread about this here.

#3 2009-05-22 08:42:20

**_thomasattrp_**

Can someone describe HOW they work?  Are they real time?  Do you create on the whiteboard then upload? Or what?  Do they work with the whiteboard pod and can what is created be saved in Connect Pro?   

Find the Connect Pro whiteboard the only cumbersome part of ACP.  Would like something that works better.
Thanks.
Thomas

#4 2009-05-22 09:20:54

**_Jeff_at_RealEyes_**

I'll quote myself from the post in the thread that I linked to above.

Jeff_at_RealEyes wrote:

After doing some research, I was able to gauge that even though this is simply going to be done through screensharing, and nothing else. Even though this is an external piece of hardware, it makes no difference in Connect. When sharing a desktop and directing to the proper drive with the DigiMemo plugged in via USB, I was able to watch 6 people solve a math problem.

#5 2009-05-22 12:30:01

**_gajett_**

Most external whiteboards, like the e beam, smart boards etc... when hooked up to/interfaced w/ a computer act as pointing devices (think mouse).  You can do whatever you can do w/ a mouse (typically).  So if you open a whiteboard (in connect), and use the pen tools (of the external piece of hardware), the actual external piece of hardware simply relays your pointing device info to the computer/connect in a way most people are comfortable with - writing w/ a pen-like device.

The real issue is indexing -- where on the computer screen are you trying to write?  Inside the active whiteboard of connect or outside?  We've found it helpful to project the computer screen onto the smart board for uses like this.

greg

Board footer