Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-05-21 10:52:32

**_fu_paladins_**

Next Release Update?

We use the hosted service.

I have heard that a service pack is in the works that may include some enhancements. Since we are hosted, the timeline for when the service pack is implemented is outside of our control (and we accept that).

A few questions:

- Who can provide us time window on when the service pack is going to be applied? (Our reseller has nothing they can share with us at this point.)

- How do we get some advance knowledge of the potential changes? (We need to schedule resources to test the changes, assess the impact on our currently set up rooms/content/etc. and to train our hosts on the changes.)

As a hosted account, we really need to be ready so that we can minimize the risk to our planned meetings and training sessions. Thanks in advance.

#2 2009-05-21 12:10:58

**_roysdenc_**

Re: Next Release Update?

From what I have heard, the next service pack should be next month, but not 100% on that.  From there, I have heard that Connect is upgrading to 7.5 in the Sept time frame (just fyi). 

Regarding what changes, hopefully improvements on VoIP and bug fixes we have asked for.  So far, the earliest I have gotten word on potential changes are a week out, unless it is tied to one of my support requests.  We are a hosted account too, and we dread these updates because we almost always have things break.  Wish I could be more helpful or more possitve about the update, but based on history, these are my expectations.

I try to find out when these updates will happen, and avoid scheduling anything around that time.  Not always possible, but I have found this to be the best way to limit risk of negative impact from the upgrade.

-Chris

#3 2009-05-21 14:24:18

alistairlee

You (or your Connect Pro administrator) should receive an email from Adobe tomorrow announcing SP3.

The service pack will be released in mid-June. 

From what I understand, the service pack is primarily bug fixes, there aren't new features.
I'm working on getting a list of what issues have been addressed so that I can post it here on connectusers.com.  There will also be some release notes made available closer to the release - though I don't believe these will be included in the message tomorrow.

Keep checking connectusers.com for more information as it becomes available.

#4 2009-05-21 19:23:09

**_fu_paladins_**

Thanks - we look forward to seeing more.

We have heard rumors of the audio conferencing being more tightly integrated for the breakouts. We consider this a major enhancement based on how we use Connect Pro.

#5 2009-05-26 07:34:45

**_tlchurch_**

Alistair,

We have a licensed install; should we have received a notification from Adobe re: SP3? We haven't as yet, so I just wanted to check before haranguing Adobe on yet one more issue.

Thanks.

#6 2009-05-28 10:09:30

alistairlee

fu_paladins wrote:

We have heard rumors of the audio conferencing being more tightly integrated for the breakouts. We consider this a major enhancement based on how we use Connect Pro.

It looks like the MeetingOne integrated audio now supports breakout room functionality.  When you start the breakout rooms, the MeetingOne audio is broken out into subconferences.

I'll follow up with more details as I get them.

#7 2009-05-29 10:02:18

alistairlee

The official release notes are not yet available, but I've just added a news item here at connectusers.com with all of the details.

Here's what's included with Service Pack 3:
http://www.connectusers.com/news/index. … ws&id=2688

Board footer