Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-05-15 11:01:00

**_rjirving_**

Audio Setup Wizard

Hi all

Does anyone know if the Audio Setup Wizard that features in the Connect Pro Meeting is available outside of the meeting. ie. I would like to send potential users a link to the Wizard for them to check their system (headphones and microphone) work before they enter the meeting.

TIA

RJI

#2 2009-05-15 12:00:58

**_Jeff_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Audio Setup Wizard

Unfortunately, no it's not. This is because Participants that enter the room do not have the appropriate permissions directly applied to them, unless you have 'Auto-Promote Participants to Presenters' enabled.

Alternatively, you could send them here beforehand, and they can read to make certain that their microphone is enabled properly on their computer(s). This *could* ensure that at least Connect Pro will identify their microphone(s) correctly and them going through the Audio Set-Up Wizard successfully.

Hope that helps!

#3 2009-05-15 13:29:58

**_rjirving_**

Hi Jeff

It will have to do I suppose.

At the moment I have to run the audio setup wizard with attendees during each meeting, rather than being able to send them to the wizard before the meeting starts and leave it to them and their IT depts to make sure everything works beforehand.

I cant see why Adobe wouldnt place a copy of the wizard outside of the meeting though...

Cheers

RJI

#4 2009-05-15 14:51:49

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

In my experience, Connect does a pretty good job of auto detecting audio input devices and using them appropriately.  I usually guide people to only do the Audio setup wizard if they are going to be broadcasting a lot of audio via VoIP so that they can be sure to have everything up and running quickly.

As a faster alternative to the full Audio Setup wizard, they could just do the Right Click > Flash Player Settings tool > Select the audio tab. There they can select their audio input device and validate that it is working.

Board footer