Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-05-13 16:01:36

**_adonovan_**

Shared PPT appearing very blurry when shared in Adobe Connect

Is there a way to fix PPT appearing extremely blurry when shared in Adobe Connect. The process we are following is:

1. Make presentation in InDesign
2. Export to JPEGs and place in PPT (the PPT appears very clear on screen)
3. Share the PPT in Adobe Connect (at this point the PPT appears very blurry)

Is there a way to fix this? Is there a better process anyone can recommend?

#2 2009-05-14 07:57:25

**_gajett_**

Re: Shared PPT appearing very blurry when shared in Adobe Connect

Is there a way to fix this? Is there a better process anyone can recommend?

What's happening is simple jpeg compression.  you aren't actually using powerpoint, you're just sharing jpegs in powerpoint slides and the images are being compressed.

So, you can:

- use powerpoint to build your presentation, rather than InDesign, with judicious use of images, knowing they will be compressed.

- continue to use InDesign and export jpegs.  upload the jpegs as individual items.  upload them all prior to a meeting and you should be able to access them quite quickly using a single share pod.  You'll need to experiment w/ initial InDesign jpeg export settings to ensure the quality you'd like once in Connect.

Greg

#3 2009-05-14 08:08:20

**_bklaas_**

If you're sharing this content via screen sharing, it's not going to look very good. Screen sharing does real-time compression of the shared desktop (or application) in to a video stream, and the quality will rarely be as good as if you take that original PPT file then convert it inside of Connect as an Adobe Presenter presentation.

As the above poster mentioned, the Flash player (which powers the Connect meeting room application) has fairly poor JPEG compression. The player handles PNGs much better.

If you use the Adobe Presenter plug-in for PowerPoint, you have a little more control over the quality of the images in the exported, final presentation that you would if you upload PPTs directly in to a Connect room. In the Presenter plug-in, you can set the image quality to "high," which does little additional compression on top of the JPEGs you've imported in to your PowerPoint presentation.

#4 2009-05-14 13:24:52

**_jcooper9099_**

You have a couple of options.

For powerpoint 2007 there is a setting which compresses pictures by default. Turn that off.
If you publish with presenter make sure you set image quality at "high"

If you can, publish with Powerpoint 2003, which I find( for some reason) gives me much better quality results than publishing with PowerPoint 2007.

Last edited by **_jcooper9099_** (2009-05-14 13:25:13)

#5 2009-05-15 12:56:04

**_JenH_**

Thank you for your comments!  JCooper, do you know how to turn off the setting which compresses the pictures by default?  I cannot find this. 

Thanks!

#6 2009-05-23 11:54:41

**_caramel1982_**

Thanks for all the comments. I read it and I find it very informational. I am very new in using Adobe Acrobat Connect Pro. I am still on the learning process. Good job for all of you guys.

Simulation pret immobilier

#7 2009-06-18 08:32:40

**_tasmin_**

Just to share with others -  I was getting VERY blurry pictures when sharig a PPT or PPTX and it didn't matter if i preconverted using presenter or what. 

after doing a lot of web searching - and a lot of trial and error, I seemed to have resolved the issue.

I was editing my screen shots and then copying and pasting them into PPT. 

*I resolved the issue by making sure I saved my screenshots as a PNG and then used the insert feature or PPT to insert them into the slide.  This seems to have resolved my issue and made MUCH better screenshots and finally CLEAR presentations.

#8 2009-06-18 11:23:04

**_dyun_**

Also there is an image quality option in Adobe Presenter (if you are publishing using that tool) that allows you to control  the fidelity of images in the converted PPT file. 

To access this open up Settings, then go to the Quality tab where you'll see the Image Quality setting.

Board footer