Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-05-07 22:42:50

**_jvanevera_**

Integrated VOIP Question

I am wondering if there is a VOIP solution that integrates with Adobe, kind of like MeetingOne does with teleconference.  I currently use the Adobe VOIP on a hosted account, but often run into audio issues.  It would be great if there was an integrated solution that really just focused on delivering flawless VOIP.  Is there such a thing?  Any recommendations?

Thanks!

#2 2009-05-08 06:42:56

**_Daniel_**

Re: Integrated VOIP Question

We have used Skype from time to time with good results, and it works well for small meetings especially. Premiere Global's teleconference system works really well if you aren't satisfied with VOIP.

Best, Daniel

#3 2009-05-08 14:46:18

**_Jeff_at_RealEyes_**

You can also use a THAT-2 box by JK Audio. The device gives you the capability to turn your telephone into a VoIP broadcast. That being said, you can still record the meeting as VoIP, but get the audio clarity of a telephone.

This is how a lot of webinars, large audience broadcasts, etc. are done with Adobe Connect.

Hope that helps!

#4 2009-08-10 18:24:06

**_johnnydaj_**

I did not have great success with the THAT-2 device.  The audio was very low, and alomost non-existent.  It isn't rocket science to hook up properly but maybe there is something I was missing.   I consider myself fairly technical since I come from a PC and Audio Visual background but maybe I have a defective device or I was overlooking something simple since everyone seems to use this solution without a problem.

We do currently use VOIP for our broadcasts AND patch a line successfully into a teleconference via a machine logged in as a recipient so that the audio from the Adobe Connect room feeds into a conference call for those with poor internet connectivity or no internet connectivity to hear the program.

Additionally, we have used a "cell tap" set up solution successfully to feed a teleconference into the Adobe Connect Meeting room via a HOST machine mic input. 

Having told you that we have successfully sent audio to a teleconference via Adobe Connect and vice versa, please offer some guidance as to why the THAT-2 device might not have worked.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Board footer