Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-05-03 20:02:39

**_barry.b_**

recording playback: visuals don't display after pause (audio OK)

looking for a work-around:

sometimes, after a recording has been paused, the audio will pickup where it left off, but the screen will remain grey (blank). It's especially a problem if you pause it for a couple of minutes (a toilet break or make a cup of coffee)

is there a trick to get the screen to refresh to make the video come back?

I'm using one of David Yun's user group recordings as an example:

http://connect.webqem.com/p64352446/

and the visuals failed multiple times the first time I played and paused it, I can't get it to fail again (frustrating)

(which prompts me to ask: is the flash player caching the recording on the users machine  the first time it's played and therefore replaying the recording doesn't have visual glitches if replayed?)

#2 2009-05-04 09:33:59

alistairlee

Re: recording playback: visuals don't display after pause (audio OK)

Try moving the play head in the control bar back a second or two.  That seems to refresh everything for me.

#3 2009-05-04 17:58:14

**_barry.b_**

many thanks alistair

I'm curious to better understand what's happening behind the scenes.

I know the recordings are a collection of moving parts (audio, video, chat entries, etc) with some sort of sync to keep all the parts together.

is it a flash timelime that's created when the recording starts, marking on keyframes when something happens? (it's certainly not a SMPTE time code being striped! [j/k])

#4 2009-05-05 09:47:09

**_connectguy_**

Hi Barry,

Sounds like you are actually running into a know bug that will be fixed in SP3. 

Cheers,
Brad

#5 2009-05-06 18:08:20

**_barry.b_**

I'll mark Alistair's answer as a "correct" one because it gives me a work-around

but many thanks, Brad, for letting me know the problem is not just with me (and hopefully SP3 will fix it)

cheers
barry.b

Board footer