Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2016-07-20 10:23:22

m.canuck

Difference between System Group, Training Group & Administrator Group

I am new to my organization and it has been over 6 months since my predecessor left. I need to create a testing group for eLearning I am going to be working on but don't know the difference between system, training or administrator groups. I only seem to be able to create an administrator group.

#2 2016-07-20 10:35:27

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Difference between System Group, Training Group & Administrator Group

System groups are groups that are created by Adobe Connect (the system) and have access or rights to certain functions. These groups include Administrators, Limited Administrators, Authors, Meeting Hosts, Event Managers, etc. In general, if you are a member of one of these groups, you are using a license for something in Adobe Connect.

Administrator groups are groups that are created by the account Administrator(s), aka you. These groups won't have any specific access to anything in Connect, but can be given rights to content, folders, meetings or anything else in Connect as the Administrator(s) see fit. This is a good way to manage groups of people on your account by assigning the groups permissions instead of the individuals.

Training groups are groups that are created by the Training Managers. These are intended to give those individuals, who likely don't have Administrator rights, the ability to create groups to better manage large groups of learners in the Connect account. This makes it easier to ensure that the correct individuals are enrolled in the correct trainings in Adobe Connect. Training groups can be used by non-Training Managers to assign permissions to other things as they are visible to users in the Connect system.

So, the short answer is the different group types are named for who creates them, not the permissions they have. Does that make sense?

#3 2016-07-20 10:43:18

m.canuck

Re: Difference between System Group, Training Group & Administrator Group

That's perfect, thank you!

Board footer