Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-04-28 08:00:36

**_Crawdaddye_**

XML and SWF files in Connect

Is there a way to load a SWF file into Connect that pulls data from an XML file?  Since XML is not a supported file type I have been unable to load it into the content library directly or in a ZIP, thus the SWF file produces error boxes because it cannot locate the XML file.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

#2 2009-04-28 08:39:23

**_AChemey_**

Re: XML and SWF files in Connect

Crawdaddye,

You can absolutely import [SWF] files that contain other files (e.g. XML files) that are referenced in your content.  You can review this documentation:  http://help.adobe.com/en_US/AcrobatConn … B30DE.html

I suspect that the format of your ZIP file doesn't follow the "rules" for importing.  Since your content contains more than one file, make sure the launch SWF is named "index.swf".

Regards,

Andrew

#3 2009-04-28 09:40:06

**_Crawdaddye_**

Ok, obviosuly I am a novice to actionscripts and XML coding.  I changed the name of the SWF and the XML files to index.swf and index_co.xml respectively.  The files play perfectly, until they are zipped.  Is that a problem with the XML coding or the SWF action script?

The Actionscript inside the SWF was coded to load any XML with the same name as the file, unless otherwise specified. 

Thanks for your help!

-Erik

#4 2009-04-28 10:13:07

**_Crawdaddye_**

After some follow up testing this worked by renaming the files, zipping them and uploading them into the room.

Thanks!

#5 2009-07-14 08:42:54

**_Rodney_**

Can the zip file have subdirectories?
So the file has this format:-

index.swf
xml/index.xml
pic/image.jpg

The one line in the help file say it can hold images, xml and 'so on' files.
Is there any definitive documentation anywhere?

Board footer