Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-04-24 17:42:17

**_hanchol_**

How to access chat history

Hi All,

My customer wants to archive every chat history for every meetings.

I would like to know the below:

1. where in DB it stores chat scripts?
    I can't find it anywhere except for actions (email sent to presenter stored in pps_actions).

2. if not in db, can I access it using XML API?
    I think I saw someone's post saying that it is N/A.

3. In Java, by using NetConnection, what action/method should I use to access chat transcripts?
    In ActionScript, you can use syncMessageReceived event for monitoring chat.  What action/method does it send?

4. Has anyone done it without writing custom chat pod?

Thank you in advance,

hanchol.

#2 2009-05-05 09:42:00

**_brian.bealer_**

Re: How to access chat history

There is a section on managing chat transcripts in the api documentation (Using Acrobat Connect Pro Web Services - page 41-42). It shows you how you can get the chat transcripts using the api to lookup the id's you need to locate the transcript files on the server.

You have to configure Connect Pro to generate chat transcripts for all meetings and then the chat transcripts are stored on the server: [RootInstall]/content/account-id/transcript-scoid/
output/

#3 2009-10-15 04:47:44

**_BKatia_**

Hi,
I tried to access to a chat transcript using XML API, whit the link [RootInstall]/content/account-id/transcript-scoid/output/ but the server give me this response:
"Not Found
The selected resource does not exist.
For further assistance, please check out the Connect Pro support center or contact Connect Pro support. "

Why?

And if I tried to access to the zip of the chat transcript (with the url to download the file) and parse (with java) the file xml I can't read correctly some utf8 character.

Does anyone give me some advice or solution?

Thanks

#4 2009-10-15 05:59:01

**_thomasattrp_**

One easy way to save chat history is to simply email it to yourself at the end of the meeting. Then you can store it, edit it, format it, etc. as you please.

To do this, click on the button at the bottom right hand corner of the chat pod and then click the email option. The entire transcript will be sent to you.  Then you can manipulate it like you want.

Thomas

#5 2009-10-15 08:18:01

**_BKatia_**

Thanks Thomas,

I tried also to send the chat history by email, but when I parse, with java, the file I can't read correctly some characters, for example Chinese or Česky character.
Even when I open the xml file with some editor I see these characters like "?".
I think there is a problem with the file's encoding, when the transcript file is created.

Some idea?

Thanks

#6 2009-10-16 04:47:29

**_BKatia_**

Today I tried to create two account with this name:
- παράδειγμα κανόνες
- 日本国内の人 日本国内の人
to test the chat pod encoding.
I access to a meeting room with the account and this name are not show in the chat pod of a meeting, nstead in the pod of participant are show correctly.

Maybe there are some character that can't be show in the chat pod, is there a way to check the allowed characters??

Thanks

#7 2009-10-16 10:35:32

**_dyun_**

There is a "Enable Chat Transcripts" option under Administration > Compliance and Control  > Recordings and Notice (This is only an option for on premise customers, not hosted, btw, so sorry if your customer is Adobe hosted):

chat.jpg

When enabled all chat messages on the server are logged. The transcripts contain the name of the room, the name of the sender, the name of the recipient, the date and time, and the message body for each chat message. Transcripts are stored on the Acrobat Connect Pro server in the folder rootinstall\content\account-id\sco-id-version\output\ (for example, C:\breeze\content\7\21838-1\output). The file name format and type is roomname_date_time.xml. Chat transcripts do not log text in the Note pod and chat communication in breakout rooms. To record all text-based conversation, disable the Note pod and breakout rooms.

For more info see p 160 of the users guide or this tutorial: http://www.connectusers.com/tutorials/2 … /index.php

Good Luck,
David

#8 2010-05-23 22:03:52

**_vincomgo_**

hey,I think that u can use Yahoo when meeting onl.It can help u save the chat content:D

software outsourcing

Last edited by **_vincomgo_** (2010-05-23 22:05:27)

Board footer