Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-04-24 16:08:51

**_gatti_**

Setting slide durations

I'm setting my slide durations in PowerPoint to 10 seconds and then importing the presentation into Connect Pro Meeting. Connect Pro then seems to set the durations back to 5 seconds.

Is there another way that I should be adjusting the slide durations before I import the presentation into Connect Pro? Or, can I adjust slide durations inside Connect Pro?

#2 2009-04-28 16:14:58

**_roysdenc_**

Re: Setting slide durations

So, if you have presenter, you could insert silence for each slide, for the length of time you want it to play.  Not the best, but is a solution.  If you are just sharing the content from your computer into a Connect meeting, I do not know a good answer for you at this time.

-Chris

#3 2009-04-28 19:15:19

**_Jeff_at_RealEyes_**

To build on what Chris has said, if you're using Presenter, you can simply adjust the slide time duration from 5 seconds to your desired duration time (assuming that there is no audio and/or video on the slide, because if there is, Presenter will adjust automatically if it was created using Presenter).

This can be done in the following manner (please note the red underlines):
slidetimes.jpg

#4 2009-04-29 12:44:13

**_gatti_**

We don't have Presenter. We only have Meeting Pro. Do I have any kind of control with slide durations when only using Powerpoint and Meeting Pro.

#5 2009-04-29 23:10:52

**_Jeff_at_RealEyes_**

gatti wrote:

We don't have Presenter. We only have Meeting Pro. Do I have any kind of control with slide durations when only using Powerpoint and Meeting Pro.

Unfortunately, you do not. Slide durations can only be adjusted in Adobe Presenter, not PowerPoint and not Adobe Connect Pro.

Alternatively, you can always a download and install a 30 day, full functioning trial version of Adobe Presenter here, and publish it that way. But after 30 days if you still haven't purchased, the software will not function.

#6 2009-04-30 02:59:46

**_Brice_**

Hi Gatti,

The only way I see is to synchronize the Presenter content in Connect Pro and to control the presentation manually.

Cheers,
Brice.

#7 2009-04-30 08:08:25

**_gatti_**

Thank you both very much. I'm going to have to look into Adobe Presenter.

Board footer