Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-04-24 14:11:33

**_nikki_**

inviting people to meeting who are not on the list

Hi there, I am a new user to Connect Pro and am having a really difficult time with this program.  I have searched the internet, adobe etc for straight forward step by step instructions on setting up a meeting, and then inviting participants who ARE NOT in a user group.  Maybe I am missing something here.  I would like to set up a meeting, send the invite to those who have signed up previously, and only have them access the meeting itself.  When I tried to set up a team member as a learner (obviously wrong) it gave them access to the program.  Dont want that.  After spending the last 3 hours attempting this over and over, I may have to look elsewhere for a program that anyone can use.  I managed to teach myself InDesign using various online tutorials that were outstanding, and yet there are none for this product.  If anyone can provide me with links etc that will show easy step by step in straight forward terms, I would greatly appreciate this.

The user manual is not in any particularly organized manner, which I find interesting and frustrating.  I am developing a training module, and am amazed that this is such a challenge.  Feeling a little disheartened at this point, and ready to start the look elsewhere.  I know this program has a great reputation, and I have attended multiple seminars through Connect Pro so there must be a way to find this info....

Thank you in advance to anyone who provides me with some assistance....Please help me on this!!

#2 2009-04-27 10:57:54

**_Jeff_at_RealEyes_**

Re: inviting people to meeting who are not on the list

Email dispatched to you, Nikki. Thanks!

#3 2009-04-27 12:08:31

**_dyun_**

Re: inviting people to meeting who are not on the list

Nikki,

Please check out the Resource Center:
http://www.adobe.com/go/connectpro_resources

There are over 100 self-help tutorials.  This one in particular shows you how to invite users to your meeting: http://seminars.adobe.acrobat.com/vqs-g … edmeeting/

The short answer is that all you need is to share the meeting URL with the user.  Then have them login as a "GUEST" on the meeting login screen.  As a host you will then be given the option to grant them access to the meeting.

Best,
David

Board footer