Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-04-23 03:34:53

**_DillonatMeridian_**

Captivate - New user- Burning CD rom & Background audio nosie

Hi All
I am a completely new user and going to make a simple training package for multiple users & burn it on a CD.
1. How do I do burn on a CD-Rom?
2. Is it possible to edit background audio noise (possibly electric resonance) with Captivate?

I have not purchased the program as I am  testing it first. From a novice point of view, does anyone think it is  simple to use, "plug and play"?
Best Regards,
Dillon.

#2 2009-04-27 13:15:58

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Captivate - New user- Burning CD rom & Background audio nosie

OK Dillon,

1. In the publish tool, you need to select publishing as Flash, and at the bottom of the window will be a check box for publishing to CD that will put an Auto run file in the published presentation. Then just put the output files on a CD and distribute away.

2. As to audio editing, Captivate as a, well, basic audio editor. It allows you to adjust volume and silence levels, and do some cut/copy/paste work. Beyond that you are looking for a real audio editor (like Soundbooth to pitch an Adobe Tool) to remove specific audio noise from your audio. That or look into a different method/location for the audio recording. We use USB mics and they work great (no side tones).

The first project in Captivate is always the hardest and most painful, but after a project or two you will find your groove and what works and what doesn't.

Board footer