Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-04-22 13:20:49

**_prabhakarrao70_**

Get Registration data of a user/all users of the type=Guest

Hi,

Need a help on how to get Registration data of a User OR All Users of the type Guest including first name, last name, phone number etc from Training Users (as my working only related to training module)

Please help me if some one knows on how to get this data.

Thanks to all,

Prab

#2 2009-04-22 13:58:30

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Get Registration data of a user/all users of the type=Guest

What do you mean by Guest? If you used the Events Module, you could track the guests that registered through the events tool in the reports for the event or in the downloadable reports section of the Admin tools.

If you mean Guests to the meeting room, you only get metrics on what they put into the guest field when requesting entry into the room. So if you require them to put their full name, phone number, etc in the guest field, technically you will have that information though it will all be considered part of their name to Connect.

#3 2009-04-22 14:17:15

**_prabhakarrao70_**

Hi Jorma,

Thanks for the quick reply.  I was trying to grab the information fromt the API.  I have tried exploring the following action but it does'nt seem to return the required data.

action=principal-list&filter-type=guest

The above action just gives me only name, login and email.  My requirement is to grab all the information that was provided by user at the time of his/her registration for the event.

Thanks for the help!!

Prabhakar

#4 2009-04-27 13:08:09

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Ok you should be able to get all the Events' guest information through the API. Someone here should be able to help with the correct call to get that info. I hope that narrowing down what you are looking for should help someone else get the correct info to you.

#5 2009-05-28 11:14:29

**_khweir_**

I need this information as well.  We do not have Event Management, but need to know more about the participant other than what they enter in the login screen.  Ideally, we would like to include at least a field for the guest to enter their email address.

#6 2009-05-28 22:59:32

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

khweir,

The best way to do this is to have your users enter their name and email in the guest field. That or get the events module or another 3rd part events tool that asks for that information.

As a final option, you could create a short survey quiz in Presenter or Captivate that asks your participants for their name, email, and whatever else you need and collect the data that way.

#7 2009-05-29 11:30:36

**_khweir_**

Excellent, thank you!

I have created the Presenter quiz, uploaded it - and it works like a charm (with one weird glitch, but I posted a separate question to the forum for that).

#8 2009-05-29 14:51:06

**_jcooper9099_**

I wrote a Coldfusion app that does this. It gathers the information at login, updates the users account and then reports that same information to th event manager.

Last edited by **_jcooper9099_** (2009-05-29 14:51:18)

#9 2009-06-01 09:30:22

**_khweir_**

Jorma_at_RealEyes wrote:

khweir,

The best way to do this is to have your users enter their name and email in the guest field. That or get the events module or another 3rd part events tool that asks for that information.

As a final option, you could create a short survey quiz in Presenter or Captivate that asks your participants for their name, email, and whatever else you need and collect the data that way.

---------------------------------------

Thanks for the suggestion.  I created a 'short answer' survey question in Presenter - and published it to my Connect Pro content library.  Everything works great - except that the answer field font is so small, participants can't tell what they're typing.

In the Presenter file > Quiz Manager > Appearance - I set the "answer" font to size 48.  I edited the text box as well - thinking that that might help.

How else can I get the answer field to accept my font size setting?  I can't use this file until I can figure this out.  Any tips are appreciated!

#10 2009-06-09 10:39:33

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

I replied to your other post but you may also consider using the Fill In the Blank question to see if that behaves more like you are expecting.

Board footer