Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-04-16 06:39:39

**_jmayell_**

Attendees can only join meeting with full admin priveleges.

We have a user who can join a meeting when their XP user account has full admin privileges, but as soon as his account is put back to our standard restricted account he can only get as far as "download the add-in", which is already installed anyway.

I've tried running filemon on the restricted account, but nowhere is denied access.
I tried the connect pro debug, but no log file is created so I assume it doesn't even get as far as loading this.

The restricted account has been given full Internet access, and he still can't join the meeting.

What is connect pro trying to do that can only be accessed with full admin account privileges???

Thanks!

#2 2009-04-16 08:48:16

**_tlchurch_**

Re: Attendees can only join meeting with full admin priveleges.

Connect is not restricting access based on Windows rights - I can access my Connect meetings and my account is pretty locked down.

Do you have any network restrictions on access to Flash-based material? I ran into an issue where the organization prevented RTMP traffic on one of its domain policies - they couldn't event access with a network admin, it had to be a local admin. Once they updated their policy, all the problems went away.

#3 2009-04-16 18:10:54

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Attendees can only join meeting with full admin priveleges.

I believe T is right. There is probably some restrictions on flash content. The Connect Add-in doesn't require admin rights to install through the meeting room because it is adding onto an existing application.

You may want to verify that port 1935 is not being firewalled.

Board footer