Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-04-15 08:07:12

**_lakshman_**

Single sign-on

To use single sign-on we could not use the hosted account.
What is this 'hosted account' exactly?
How can we configure connect pro for single connect pro?

Thanx

#2 2009-04-15 13:37:25

**_roysdenc_**

Re: Single sign-on

In short, a hosted account means the servers that Connect is running on are owned and supported by Adobe.  A licensed account means you have your own servers and support/update it yourself.

make sense?

-Chris

#3 2009-04-15 14:59:33

**_eomedia_**

If you have a hosted account and want a "single sign-on", so that users who have already logged in to your web application do not have to log on again to Connect, you can automatically pass the users credentials to Connect via the API so that the "sign-on" is automatic and does not require user action.

If that's not what you mean by single sign-on then please ignore.

#4 2009-04-16 01:21:04

**_lakshman_**

Thanks for reply!

For hosted account I get 30 days trial account.
What should I do for long term account/ I should have license copy to use connect pro server?

What its need to configure proxy server at out end so that we can use single sign on?

Thanks again!

#5 2009-04-16 10:15:23

**_roysdenc_**

For a long term solution, you can pay to use a hosted account or pay to have a licensed account.  There are a few users on the forums who work as a third party for Adobe, selling Connect.  We have our hosted account contract through Adobe directly. 

Maybe one of those guys can contact you directly to discuss your situation and help determine what you will need and how to get setup, pricing....

-Chris

Board footer