Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-04-13 12:36:20

**_backtalk_**

How does Presenter integrate with Connect Pro?

Hi, I am about to buy licenses for the both as we have hosting on our campus, but am trying to figure out how the two integrate?  I went through tutorials on Presenter and Connect Pro and have a good feel on how they work.

What I'm trying to do is create a presentation with a quiz in Presenter and then put it online so teachers could go on at anytime and view the presentation and take the quiz.  It seems that I can just upload the flash file to any web server but I need to somehow collect quiz results.  Is this where Connect Pro comes in?  But I thought Connect Pro has a meeting times that will only start the presentation at a certain time?

Any clarification and help on good resources to go to would be great.
Thanks!

#2 2009-04-13 12:42:52

**_dyun_**

Re: How does Presenter integrate with Connect Pro?

Hi Backtalk,

The two are integrated.  When people say "Connect Pro" they are actually referring to a whole collection of applications that provide real time meetings (Called Connect Pro Meeting), Event Registration + Reminders (Called Connect Pro Events), and curriculum and course management including tracking (Called Connect Pro Training).  It is the latter application that you are looking to use to deploy your Adobe Presenter presentations as part of a trackable course/curriculum.

As far as Connect Pro Training resources, I'd recommend you start with this overview video that is basically a feature demo of the training application: http://seminars.adobe.acrobat.com/trainingoverview/

From there, there is this tutorial on creating learning paths in curriculums:
http://connectusers.com/tutorials/2009/ … /index.php

Or you can explore our January 09 Topic of the Month which was on Training in depth:
http://www.connectusers.com/tutorials/2 … /index.php

Note that Connect Pro provides for a blended (real time and on demand) approach so you may see information on using Connect Pro Meeting for Real Time Virtual Classrooms.  Don't let that confuse you.  You can use Presenter/Training to do asynchronous training as you describe above.

Hope that helps,
David

#3 2009-04-13 12:52:17

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Also,

It's worth mentioning is that the Connect Meeting Rooms don't have a start and end date. they are available to you 24/7/365 from the day you create them.

Jorma

#4 2009-04-13 13:57:15

**_backtalk_**

Great thanks for the help.  THe video provided good clarification.  So are there differnet licenses that need to be bought such as a license for meeting room or training or presenter or does this all come with the connect pro package?

Last edited by **_backtalk_** (2009-04-13 14:19:18)

#5 2009-04-13 22:09:18

**_dyun_**

You are correct, there are different licenses that need to be purchased depending on how you want to use the product.  Your sales rep should be able to walk you through the various options and help you figure out which one will be right for your usage.

Board footer