Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-04-13 11:53:29

**_michaelkat_**

Obtaining data from quiz results

I am able to retrieve lots of info from the reports generated by presenter, but I have been unable to find a way to view the answers selected by students.  I know how to find the correct responses but the reports that I am aware of do not list the incorrect response that was selected by the individual user.

#2 2009-04-13 12:15:07

**_dyun_**

Re: Obtaining data from quiz results

Hi Michael,

In order to get per-learner responses to your quiz questions, you have to make the Presentation a part of a Connect Pro Training Course.  If you've already done that then look in the Training Reports not the Content Reports for the info you are seeking.  Once you've gone to Course Details, selectReports > By Users, then click on the learners name to view their quiz responses.

screenshot.jpg

screenshot2.jpg

Best,
David

#3 2009-04-13 12:39:10

**_michaelkat_**

Thank you,
I was not seeing what was right in front of me.

#4 2009-04-13 14:32:42

**_michaelkat_**

I would still like to find a way to have one list with all of the answers given by an individual user rather that have to review each question one at a time.  Is this possible?

#5 2009-04-13 22:07:54

**_dyun_**

This is possible, run the reports via the new Reporting capabilities.  Click on Reports at the top run a Course report and you'll see this:

screenshot-1.jpg

if you click on the user's score then you'll see a list of all of their responses I believe.

#6 2009-04-14 11:24:52

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

These are reports from the Training Module of Connect. If you do not have the Training Module then there is not user specific tracking.

#7 2009-04-15 09:26:10

**_gajett_**

michaelkat wrote:

I would still like to find a way to have one list with all of the answers given by an individual user rather that have to review each question one at a time.  Is this possible?

if what David and Jorma have said doesn't help or meet your needs, you can use the xml api to extract this data -- although --  it may not be exactly what you want depending on the format of your quiz.  the api will report a transcript id you can sort by and see all responses by an individual.  you may not know how this corresponds to that person's name unless there is a field in the quiz asking for user name.

here's the call: http://your.connect.url/api/xml?action= … -id=XXXXXX
you can use excel and define a remote data source.

hope this helps.

Greg

#8 2009-04-21 11:33:37

**_michaelkat_**

I thank you for your help although this still does not solve my problem.  I need to be able to find the raw data - user ####  AABCEADBBCADDBC -  the only way for me to do this check each answer 1 at a time.  if I go to reports, as suggested, I still only get data on right and wrong answers.  The advice Greg gave me confuses me a bit because I do not even know what an "api" is.  Sorry about my lack of technical knowledge, is there other way that you can think of?  I know that the system has the data but just cannot get it to give it up.

#9 2009-04-21 12:00:31

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

The training Module has the reports you are looking for,

List of users that took the training and their status
User+reports.JPG?download=User+reports.JPG

The user's scores and status User+specific+Report.JPG?download=User+specific+Report.JPG

And Finnaly, the user's answers for the quiz (note that there is a download or printable option for this) User+answers.JPG?download=User+answers.JPG

#10 2009-04-22 10:55:18

**_jameslloyd_**

On a related issue - has anyone figured out a way to retrieve Likert data from Connect Training - I see the four 'wrong' answers in Jorma's screenshot above which is all too familiar to me when retrieving our likert responses.

Never could figure why the developers felt a response to a likert should appear 'wrong' - they must have been very sad that day.

We ask four standard quality questions at the end of every training module and I've not found any way to easily pull out this information.

Last edited by **_jameslloyd_** (2009-04-22 10:57:15)

#11 2009-04-22 11:17:30

**_dyun_**

Hi James,

How are you wanting to look a the data?   As an aggregate view overall, per learner?  If you want aggregate data so you could report on something like "overall effectiveness" of the course, does the By Item > By Answers report give you want you are looking for?

Best,
David

#12 2009-04-22 13:48:24

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Right, looking at the specific answers will show how the user answered the questions, text included. The color of the bar is not really relevant since the question doesn't have a right or wrong answer, but since there is no correct answer it is shown as incorrect, but that is semantics.

#13 2009-05-01 10:17:53

**_jameslloyd_**

David,

We use Connect Training curriculums to group training events (courses).  For each course we have a likert question with 4 standard measures (Clarity, Relevance, Usefullness, Delivery).   I would like to be able to extract the likert data from each course quiz in the curriculum and aggregate that data.

I have explored using the webAPI but not found a command that could get me just these questions from each course.

#14 2009-05-01 10:34:19

**_gajett_**

jameslloyd wrote:

I would like to be able to extract the likert data from each course quiz in the curriculum and aggregate that data.

I have explored using the webAPI but not found a command that could get me just these questions from each course.

If you use this in excel as a live data source (http://your.connect.install/api/xml?act … -id=123456)  you should return all data.  Excel 2007 (earlier versions might, too) returns a header row w/ sort options.  Use the display-seq column and only display the likert questions.

i realize this doesn't just fetch the correct questions, but it's quite easy to obtain only those you need.

greg

Board footer