Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-04-13 10:17:26

**_Kyle_Sullivan_**

Does a "replace" feature exist?

I have a meeting with 24 layouts.  All of the layout have the same PPT loaded in so it appears surrounded by different supporting media (live cam, FLV pods, etc).   Some changes were made to that PPT and now it seems that I need to manually go into each layout and remove the old PPT and add the new PPT.

Does anyone know if a "replace" option exists with this software so that I could replace the PPT and it changes on all layouts?

#2 2009-04-13 10:29:45

**_roysdenc_**

Re: Does a "replace" feature exist?

I have never seen a "replace" option like you are asking about.  I think you are about to update 24 layouts unfortunately. 

That is a good idea though, automatically updating content that is shared when the file is updated in the content library.

-Chris

#3 2009-04-13 12:05:10

**_dyun_**

Chris is right, there isn't a way to update a piece content and have it automatically be pushed to the Share Pods using that content right now (although I agree that is a great idea).  But it might not be as bleak as it seems.  You won't need to upload the new PPT 24 times.  Just upload it once and then you can go into the Share menu in the Share pod and new PPT appears in the list.  Just select it and it will load automatically.

You also might want to delete the Share pod instance containing the out of date PPT via "Pods > Organize Pods" to eliminate the possibility of someone using the wrong version in the future.

Best,
David

#4 2009-04-13 13:04:46

**_roysdenc_**

Good point David - rather than rolading the content in each layout, Kyle can uplaod once, and then just replace the pod on the other layouts, which will save time.

-Chris

#5 2009-04-13 15:36:27

**_Kyle_Sullivan_**

Thanks guys for the responses.  Maybe Adobe will add this to the feature request list.

Board footer