Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-04-03 09:18:37

**_donutman925_**

Connect loads all animations except 3 from Presenter

I have a small issue using Adobe Presenter 6 in PowerPoint and publishing to Connect.  When I view the presentation in Connect all of my animations will load except for 3 of them on different slides. The animation is a small little box that is set to fade in and out while the person talks and the rest of the animations load which is either text or pictures, but for some reason it will fade onto the screen and then stay there and not keep on fading in and out. I tried them at different speeds also to no avail. Anyone have a fix for this? Thanks

#2 2009-04-03 10:56:06

**_Aissa_**

Re: Connect loads all animations except 3 from Presenter

We have come across the same issue. Some custom animation features of PowerPoint do not work once published. We use Presenter 7.0.2. Specifically for us any object/text emphasis animation, continual looping/flashing animation, and fade in and outs do not work once published.

I have only found a tech note from Adobe regarding unsupported features of PowerPoint once uploaded to Connect Pro (via a Share Pod): http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewCon … d=kb404463

If anyone has found additional information, please share. :D

#3 2009-04-03 12:17:54

**_donutman925_**

Thanks for the reply. I looked at the link you gave me and tried the first workaround since I am using Office 2003 and it still didn't work. It looks like people with Office 2007 are having a lot more problems with getting that program to play nice with many other programs from Adobe. I wish Adobe would give us more detail on specifically which animations and stuff will not convert and publish correctly.

#4 2009-04-03 13:36:28

**_Aissa_**

Ditto.

Right now we are composing our own list, via trial and error.  Sigh.

#5 2009-04-03 14:13:01

**_donutman925_**

Well if you get a chance could you post that list for the rest of us? I think that would be a big help for the people on this forum.

#6 2009-04-03 14:38:51

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

This is an old list, but it still seems to be pretty true to what animations are and are not supported http://www.adobe.com/go/tn_18774

#7 2009-04-06 15:23:45

**_roysdenc_**

We have had any number of problems with Connect and changes to slides when publishing.  Our most recent work around is pulishing as a zip file and loading that zip file into Connect.  It is amazing the difference we have seen.  Not 100%, but a vast improvement over other options we have tried.

-Chris

Board footer