Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-04-01 08:43:52

**_ankitaj_**

Compatibility of Connect 7 server with IE8

Dear All,

I am installing IE8 on my machine. Could anyone please suggest its compatibility with Adobe Connect Server 7.

Regards,

#2 2009-04-01 09:51:28

**_roysdenc_**

Re: Compatibility of Connect 7 server with IE8

Being that IE8 is newly released, I don't know how compatible it would be out of the box.  I checked the system requirements through the link below and IE8 isn't mentioned.  With Vista computers, they say IE7 or later.  Knowing Adobe, they will need to release an update, which probably isn't going to come any time soon.  I have read that Connect Pro 7.5 is supposed to release later this year (around Sept) so that may offer supported compatibility.  Until then, it may be compatible by chance, not design.

System requirements: http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobatco … ystemreqs/

-Chris

#3 2009-04-07 08:27:21

**_santhony_**

I've been using IE8 for a while now since Beta and from within Windows 7 Beta. I really haven't seen any issues with it so far using Connect Pro, but your mileage may vary depending on your computer specifications as well as security settings.

If you run into issues with it installed, you can always roll it back to IE 7. I wouldn't recommend it unless necessary, but it is possible to do that.

#4 2009-04-07 17:22:54

**_dyun_**

If you are only worried about yourself and your participation in meetings, then I assume you have the Connect Add-In installed in which case, the version of IE you have shouldn't matter.

Board footer