Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-03-27 16:14:28

**_barbarabjr_**

Set up new users

I would like to know if I am on the right track.

I am the training coordinator for multiple departments and I need to set up  staff in Adobe so that the  we can track the training programs that they complete through Adobe. (by department)

I was thinking that I would set up each department as a Group and then assign all applicable staff to that group.

Example:   Department:   Thoracic
                  Barbara Richards
                  John Jones
                  Betty Smith

Department:  Sarcoma
                      Johnny Jones
                      Fred Richards
                      Rebecca Jason

Does this sound like the correct way - or should I pursue other?

Thank you.

#2 2009-03-27 16:56:06

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Set up new users

Assigning the users to the groups will help you track their progress and make it easier to assign the correct users to the correct training.

However, you should know that you cannot just pull a report for a group and see their progress, but you can pull a report on the training an filter it by a group.

In the end I believe that you are pursuing the best method.

#3 2009-03-27 16:57:47

**_tlogan_**

That would be a good way to proceed.  I am presuming you are making groups under the Training tab in the Connect Server and not as an Admin under the Administration tab.  There are differences in the functionality of these groups.  Read the help system under the topic of "Creating and managing training groups" and make sure your training group names are different from any other Admin groups on the server.  Makes reading reports later much easier too.

FROM the Help system with Connect:

From the Training tab in Acrobat Connect Pro Central, Training managers, Administrators, and Limited Administrators can create, change, and remove sets of learners called training groups. Training managers can modify any training groups, including those created by other Training managers.

Note: Training managers cannot create new users, modify information about existing users, delete users, delete groups not created by training managers, or assign users to system groups.

Create a new training group:
Training groups cannot be given the same name as system groups or administration groups.

#4 2009-04-01 08:11:40

**_barbarabjr_**

Tnank you so much for your assistance.  I greatly appreciate it.

Board footer