Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-03-25 13:08:26

**_braymond64_**

Video/slides not synchronized -- no buffering possible?

I am new to Presenter. I am trying to add video of a presenter to his presentation, which is already in PowerPoint. It seems the best way is to add the presenter to the sidebar video so I don't need to alter the presentation layout to accommodate the video. I am not using Connect Pro, but just want to give access to the final presentation via a web page. It works fine when run from my computer, but when I upload it the bandwidth issues arise. The video stops while the slide continues. When I publish it with the "download slides completely before playback" option, it actually gets worse. Is there really no way to ensure the video and slides are synchronized when there is low bandwidth? (I'm thinking of a lot of videos I watch where I pause the video to allow for buffering before continuing.) Should I be going about this a different way?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

#2 2009-03-25 20:12:13

**_Daniel_**

Re: Video/slides not synchronized -- no buffering possible?

Hi Braymond,

By no means an expert on this subject, though have had success in working with sidebar videos. What type of video file are you using? Are you using Presenter's import tool to put the video in the sidebar and letting it handle the conversion? It sounds like file size may be an issue, and if so, taking some steps to reduce the size of your video may help.

Daniel

#3 2009-03-26 14:20:59

**_braymond64_**

They are quite large -- that is something else I'm new to -- I don't know what an acceptable size is. For just the first five slides, the size is 4GB, so I'm guessing that is bad. Those are .avi files. I tried .mpg files, and although the tool allowed me to import them, it didn't play them back properly.

I will try to make the size smaller before import. But, I can never really know what bandwidth a viewer has, so is there a way to make sure there are no problems?

I did try adding just audio to the slides directly and that appears to work better -- although having video was the intent of the process. Do you know if it is working better because the audio is smaller or because the audio is directly on the slide?

Thanks.

#4 2009-03-26 18:20:31

**_Daniel_**

Yes, 4GB is really big. Try to compress your video if you can. For video playing in as small an area as the sidebar, you can probably get your file size down to something like 4MB's per minute or less. I'm just using that figure as the videos I pull in tend to be about that size once Presenter converts them.

I have heard that there is a file size limit for a published piece, but have also seen other users say they have larger files than that.

Would guess that your audio files are playing just fine because they are a fraction of the size of the video.

Daniel

Board footer