Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2016-06-14 14:27:22

christian_p

Mac / iSight Camera / very slow with new Add-In

Dear community,

since the new Adobe Connect Add-In was published I experieced problems with my integrated camera (MacBook Pro 2009).
Whenever the camera is activated even the preview picture only updates once very 1-2 seconds.
The other meeting participants don't see my camera picture at all.

Deinstalling the Add-In and using Connect only via Flash still works..

Have any of you experienced this?

Thanks,
Christian

#2 2016-06-14 14:57:13

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Mac / iSight Camera / very slow with new Add-In

What version of the Connect Add-in are you talking about? It is easy to get lost in the different versions that are available.

If we are talking about version 11.9.976.291 that was relased for use with Connect 9.5.3, then there is an update for the Mac version that is scheduled to be released on June 17, 2016. This was communicated in the notification to account Admins in advance of the coming update to 9.5.3. This is what I recieved:

As a reminder, beginning this Friday June 17, 2016 a new Adobe Connect Add-in (henceforth referred to as simply "Add-in") will be required. You will be asked to install the new Add-in when:

•    You try to start/join a 9.5.3 meeting for the first time after June 17, 2016 and have an older version of the Add-in installed

OR

•    You invoke screen sharing, application sharing, or share PowerPoint (PPTX format) files and do not have the new version of Add-in installed

If you are in a locked down environment, we recommend that you download and install the Add-in before your upgrade date.

Please click here to obtain the new Add-in. The version of new Add-in is 11.9.976.291. If you have any questions, please contact Technical Support.

MAC USERS: Please note that, while version 11.9.976.291 is the minimum required Add-in, Adobe will release 11.9.977.321 for Mac on June 17 to address specific issues that impact Mac users only.

If you need to rool back to a previous version of the Add-in untill the update is released you can do so here: ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/connect/updaters/meeting/9_0/

#3 2016-06-17 15:49:20

Ian Justin - GetConnect

Hi there,

I installed the recent (...291) Connect Meeting Add-in on my Mac a couple of days ago and I had the same dreadful experience with the built-in camera frame-rate.  I just installed the latest (...321) Meeting Add-in and this seems to have solved it immediately.  All seems good now.

You can get the new Mac Meeting Add-in here:  http://www.adobe.com/support/connect/do … dates.html

Hopefully you have the same experience.

ian j

#4 2016-06-27 12:13:07

christian_p

Hi,

the update to ...312 also seems to solve this issue for. A tests which I just did was OK.

Thank you :)
Christian

Board footer