Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-03-15 17:24:06

**_aklemmer_**

Presenter 7 - buggy?

Hello -
We tested out Presenter v7 a few months ago, and were very excited about some of the new features (i.e., question randomization/pools, warning before exiting a quiz w/un-answered questions, and compatibility with Office 2007, to name just a few.)

However, we found that Presenter 7 was so buggy we had to downgrade back to v6.

Among the big problems:

(1) Publishing/Updating courses directly to the Adobe Connect server was broken. (We have a licensed solution.)

(2) Presenter v7 ignores any leading spaces in front of slide navigation names - thus, no indentation of slide-navigation names & no "chapterization" of Presenter courses.

(3) Audio editing was impossible to use - the timings were quite "off," so if you thought you were cutting out a certain audio snippet, the actual piece that was cut-out did not match what you thought you were cutting (if that makes sense) - the video representations of the sound-waves were basically useless and this was so frustrating it ultimately ended our trial of the upgrade.

Has anyone else encountered these problems with Presenter v7? We are a Windows shop running on Windows XP with both Office 2003 and Office 2007, if that matters; and as I said, we have licensed version of Adobe Connect.

Thanks in advance!

#2 2009-03-16 09:48:17

**_vjfrescas_**

Re: Presenter 7 - buggy?

Yes, I have definitely had problems with #3.  It only happens sometimes - and the only way I've been able to resolve it is with a full restart of my system.

We don't use Connect, and I haven't tried #2.

#3 2009-03-16 14:36:53

**_carolax_**

The first obvious question is were you using Presenter 7.0.2 or an earlier version? We have not encountered the same problems with v7, although I believe I remember reading that the audio editing problem was fixed with the 7.0.1 or 7.0.2 update. Anyway, if you weren't using 7.0.2, you may want to try it again.

#4 2009-03-16 16:36:22

**_philip.roy_**

What do you mean in (1)? "broken" is a bit vague.....but we aren't having any issues with staff publishing to our Connect server, if that helps.

Oh...and I agree...make sure you update to 7.0.2

Phil

#5 2009-03-18 10:38:20

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

I've never seen #1 work reliably within Connect. Even with Presenter 6 I just go in the habit of manually updating my courses and curriculum manually (re-assigning the same content, new version, to the course).

#6 2009-07-01 12:18:14

**_donutman925_**

I am still having issues with #3 on your list I don't think the audio editing is as good as Presenter 6. And whats up with having 2 lines of audio in the editor? I'm using the latest version 7.0.2 Build 7464.

I'm also having an issue with #8 in the first section in the link provided here:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/404/kb404325.html

I have a basic small colored circle move from point a to point b which is set to repeat multiple times until end of slide. The work around they provided doesn't work and I have like 4 slides that have different animations like this with audio on each slide.

Does anybody know when this latest update to Presenter was released and if they might be releasing another one anytime soon? Cause I might have to go back to Presenter 6 while keeping Connect 7.

#7 2009-07-06 16:23:37

**_robva65_**

Abby,

As it turns out, in spite of the fact that item #2 on the list was a downer for us, I discovered a bit of a workaround.  Granted, it's a hack, but it does work!

Here's how:

After you publish P7 content locally to your computer, dive into the data directory.  Open up the viewer.xml document (with either TextPad or Notepad but definitely NOT Word!).  Look for the following xml tag:

<slideTitle> slide title here </slideTitle>

If you add the spaces before the actual title, the indentation method works!  Save and close the xml file and re-run the course again.

As for the audio issues; this has been a WIDELY reported problem and what I've also recently discovered is that depending on your viewing scope (100% view, 50% view, etc) of the audio 'timeline', it can affect the 'precision' of the playback marker.  I've found that if you're zoomed out of the audio timeline, the playback marker's position is drastically "out of synch" with the audio waveform...but the more zoomed in I go, the better it looks...at least from a playback perspective.  That said, it's still way too buggy to be really useful, and I've decided that a more realistic approach is to simply use the Synch timings feature to more accurately set up animations to be in synch with audio narrations.

Rob

www.robrode.com/yabb/

Board footer